We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in March

London
3 posts
Save Topic
Weather in March

Hello, Im off to Marbella for 9 days on 15th March and really need some help with what to pack... what will the weather be like? should I bother with a bikini, suntan lotion etc? should I just take what I would be wearing over here?

Pleas help!

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
London
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in March

we're going to Las Chapas (near Cabopino) by the way! (just found out!!)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in March

The weather in Marbella in mid-March can be a little hard to predict. It will be somewhat warmer then London, but you might want to check out the weather projections at The Weather Underground (http://www.wunderground.com/) before you pack your bags.

The current weather in Sevilla is 63F/17C, but you can never tell what March will bring.

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
London
London
England, UK
Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
33 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in March

The thing about the weather on the Costa del Sol is that you know the sun is always going to shine, sooner rather than later so bring your sun gear. The main rains normally have fallen by the end of February but we are having some late rains right now. Why don't you check in on the weather webcam at www.gomarbella.com/webcam there are some useful weather links including a very accurate 10 forecast and also a page with some weather averages for Marbella. Bring your suntan lotion and we will all cross fingers that you get to need it!

Mentioned in this post
Costa del Sol
Costa del Sol
Province of Malaga, Spain
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Swansea
Level Contributor
310 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in March

Just returned (27th Feb) from a break in Marbella and the weather is certainly better than here!

We did have a little rain and at times it was a little cloudy, but it was still warm enough for us to walk around in short sleeves.For two days it was warm - even hot - enough to sunbathe by pool -about 21C. Early mornings and evenings are still a little nippy though.

We often take a short break in Marbella at this time of year and compare the weather to our weather late April/early May (thats if we're lucky enough to get a nice spring in UK ).Dont rely too much on the forecasts as ours predicted rain for the five days we were there which was a little off putting beforehand.

So yes pack the bikini and the suntan lotion and hopefully your umbrella will remain in your case!

Hope this helps, enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
London
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in March

Thank you so much for all your help and links, Im off to check out some forecasts now, and I have got the bikinis out to pack!