We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place/way to propose in Marbella?

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best place/way to propose in Marbella?

To all the romantics in the world of trip advisor!

In a few weeks I'm flying my girlfriend over to Marbella to propose to her.

Does anyone have any suggestions of any romantic places where I could propose, or unique ways in which I could do it?

I was thinking of chartering a yacht for half a day and doing it out in the sea, but I don't think she'd overly appreciate the bumpiness of the ocean, and so there's probably better ways to spend money!

Any ideas, thoughts or previous experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place/way to propose in Marbella?

jh:

Stay one or two days at the Hotel Villapadierna and propose there at the beautiful gardens or at the terrace restaurant. This is one of the most beautiful hotels in Spain that I have stayed in. The owner of the hotel had the largest collection of Roman statues in Spain and you can see them scattered in the hotel, gardens and spa (one of the best in Spain). The hotel's architecture is like that of a Tuscan villa. The architect was also the decorator and also designed the gardens and he must be a genius because the design is marvelous.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,767 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place/way to propose in Marbella?

What a lovely idea, she will be overwhelmed! My nephew recently took his girlfriend to the place they first kissed and put candles all around in the shape of a heart and then got down on one knee and proposed, it really surprised her and she was so happy.

You could do it on the beach or how about a trip up to Ronda, there is an amazing view point that is out over the cliffs and is a stunning place to propose (as long as you have a head for heights!). You could drive up yourself, go on public transport, go up on the train from San Roque with more beautiful views.

Or, you could do a day trip with www.MonteAventura.com who are a jeep safari company that go through the mountains and give a wonderful day out seeing flora and fauna and stopping for a wonderful lunch and ending up in Ronda. Its a great day out, around €80 each including a great lunch. The guides are brilliant and I'm sure they would be more than happy to help set up a special treat for you. We're doing one of their other tours this time which takes up to a beautiful natural pool and waterfall. have a look on their website and at the reviews on TA.

Your girlfriend is a very lucky girl to have someone as romantic as you and I hope you have a happy life together.

CJB

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place/way to propose in Marbella?

BennyMalaga - sounds really good but I've already booked 3 nights in a suite at Los Monteros. I'll remember Hotel Villapadierna for if I ever return to Costa Del Sol though! Thanks!

CJB - nice ideas, thank you. I've always liked the concept of a beach proposal, it's just working out how to do it that I'm struggling with. I like the concept of going down the beach at night and having will you marry me lit up in lights... but, how I'd pull this off is beyond me.

I suppose I could get up in the night and write it out in candles on the beach, then go back wake her up and walk her down to the beach?

Thanks for your help so far!

London
Level Contributor
464 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place/way to propose in Marbella?

I don't know how helpful the guest relations officer is at Los Monteros, but you could try e-mailing them beforehand to see if they would be willing to help do something romantic for you both in the grounds such as setting up lit tea lights in wind proof containers. They have a lovely tranquil beach club called La Cabane overlooking the ocean, there's no actual sandy beach there to speak off on that stretch of shore line, but they do have a terrace overlooking the ocean with double day beds with white drapes and pillows so perhaps these could lend themselves to a romantic proposal at sunset - especially if the staff were happy to perhaps scatter rose petals on the bed, have a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket and light the candles before you arrive. Its a thought and possibly they would agree to help. Take a look a their website to see the beach club La Cabane. Marbella old town, about a 10 minute taxi drive from Los Monteros is impossibly romantic but perhaps a bit busy with people during the summer season, but out of season it might have some possibilites for proposals, such as one of the two balcony tables overlooking Orange Square at Paco Jimenez Restaurant. Best of luck!

5. Re: Best place/way to propose in Marbella?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 29, 2014