We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities for children

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottinham
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Activities for children

Hi there, thanks for reading!

We have a property just outside puerto banus, but whenever we have been its been great weather. We are taking my step son for the first time this weekend, and the weather reports are not looking great. Even though we have our own space we don't want to be house bound for the week. We have an indoor pool, but can anyone give me any suggestions for things to do in the area.

Bad weather planning is thank fully something we don't have to think about a lot when visiting!

We have a 2.5 year old and my step son is 6.5.

I really appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,940 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities for children

Hopefully, the weather won't be too bad for you. I'm not sure of indoor things to do in the PB area but if the weather isn't too bad you could go to Selwo Aventura at Estepona - the 6.5yr old will love it, there's also the Bioparc at Fuengirola, Selwo Marina at Benalmadena and just by it Paloma Park, with rabbits and chickens running loose in the grounds, then there's the butterfly centre at Benalmadena Pueblo (indoors and very warm).

This link might help, looking at it there seems to be a soft play in the area that might be helpful too.

puertobanusguide.com/directory/kidsandteenag…

Edited: 4:11 pm, March 25, 2013
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,578 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities for children

Kate:

You could visit La Cañada Shopping Center.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,117 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities for children

Hi,

find below a reply I posted on other user's thread about activities for kids some weeks ago. Have fun.

Also give a look to the Nerja caves: children are usually fascinated by them.

<<

Hi there,

I'm the father of two little ones (5 and 2 years old), and yes, rain is always a hassle when having to entertain them.

The good news is that while it is possible that you get some rain in October, a whole week of rain would be very rare.

Here are some ideas:

- The most obvious activity for a rainy day is cinema. There are some cinemas in Malaga which show movies in English. I take my kids to some of these movies and they love it.

- Teatro Echegaray has a wonderful season of theatre for kids. Plays are on Sundays at 11.00 and 13.00. If the rainy day happens to be a Sunday, this could be great.

- Kids love the Car Museum in Málaga. It is full of old cars and can kill a couple of hours.

- There are indoor playgrounds all around the city. Children here seem to be addicted to these playgrounds which can deliver hours of fun for them and relaxation for yourself.

There is a big one in C/ Trinidad Grund which is near the city centre.

- The Music Museum is located right on the city centre, and while its current location isn't very good (it is located on an underground parking, and it is scheduled to move to a new building at some point of time this year), is great and focused on children.

And while you haven't specifically asked for activities for children in general (mainly for no rainy days!), find below a list of things that they might like.

- the city has some fantastic playgrounds. Near the city centre there is one at the park. Not very big but fun enough.

- if you are willing to move a little bit further, there are two amazing playgrounds in Teatinos and Litoral districts. One is themed with cinema stunts and the other features a big mountain with a slide. Besides, there are a lot of bars and restaurants in the vicinity where you can have a great inexpensive meal with hardly any tourists around you.

The first one is located on Avenida Jorge Luis Borges, and you can get there taking the 14 bus line and getting off at Plaza Sandro Boticelli (Google Maps is your friend). Nearby a placed named Taberna Matahambre (which has several other branches) serves nice tapas style food and is very children friendly.

The second is located on C/ Pilar Lorengar and you can get there by taking the 31 bus line to Palacio de los Deportes. Just in front of the playground you can have a great seafood meal at La Pika.

You can't of course enjoy these if it is raining, though.

- Plaza Mayor Leisure Centre is a big shopping mall with lots of attractions for children, such as cinemas, bowling, rides, etc. It also features lots of restaurants. You can easily get there by train from Alameda Centro station.

This can be a great option for a rainy day, although please note that the place is roofless so you will need an umbrella.

- In Torremolinos there is a water park named Aqualand (www.aqualand.es). If was the first water park in Costa del Sol and probably one of the first in Spain. By bus or train (more information on their website).

October can be actually quite warm, although water parks usually close when Spanish kids start school at the end of September.

- Selwo Marina in Benalmádena (www.selwomarina.es) is a marine park that features dolphins, penguins and the like. Kids usually love it. By bus or train.

- Cocodrilos Park (www.cocodrilospark.com) in Torremolinos is a small theme park with live crocodiles. Kids are taught how these animals live and even get t touch them. The biggest crocodile in Europe lives there, or so they claim.

- Tivoli World (www.tivoli.es) is a fun park located on Arroyo de la Miel, and again easy to get to by train. There a lot of rides and my kids love it (I actually went there on a regular basis 30 years ago... it has aged with dignity!).

October is half season and they will probably only be opened on weekends.

- Fuengirola's zoo, named Bioparc Fuengirola (www.bioparcfuengirola.es) is a wonderful compact zoo where animals are actually very well preserved. It is ideal to visit with young kids since there isn't a lot of walking involved. It is a great day out. By train.

- Selwo Aventura (www.selwo.es) while a bit further in Estepona, is a fantastic day out. Is a big zoo park with animals that live in relative freedom. Visitors are guided on big 4WD trucks in a kind of safari style visit.

>>

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,578 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities for children

MAC:

The Music Museum is loved by children because it allows them hands on with the musical instruments. Every time I have visited this little known museum, I saw children enjoying themselves.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,578 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Activities for children

MAC:

After writing my post, I took a walk in the park. By coincidence, I met the owner of the Music Museum and walked with him a while. He told me that his museum will move in June to a restored palace downtown. This is very good news because the new location will be very good. Last Sunday I passed by the palace and saw that they had removed the temporary construction on the facade of the building already.

6. Re: Activities for children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, March 29, 2013
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,940 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Activities for children

Nuria, as I mentioned in response to a previous post of yours, TA may well see this as advertising, plus you've put your email address again, not a very good idea as you could end up with some very strange replies.

8. Re: Activities for children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 31, 2014