We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen weekend help march 2013

south shields
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hen weekend help march 2013

Hello,

a group of hens are arriving in Puerto banus 16th March 2013 im looking for any hints or tips on activies with regards to nightlife and day time activities ie water park or boat trips as i know it is low season and there is no champagne spray parties until May.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
469 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hen weekend help march 2013

Take a look at www.lovebanus.com for up to date information on clubs, bars and activities that are available when you are planning to visit Puerto Banus. Old Joy's Piano Bar is one of my favourite bars for a brilliant night out, open to the early hours and they have great singers. Also take a look at the website My Destination Marbella for suggestions of things to do in the area.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hen weekend help march 2013

Water parks do not open until May.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hen weekend help march 2013

Where can I find information about Gigs, Club nights and special events in Marbella and the surrounding area for the weekend 22-24th March?

There are three early thirties guys going and we are looking for something good to do on the evening of the 22nd and 23rd March.

We are going to travel to Seville for the start of the Easter festival on the Sunday.

Any help or suggestions would eb appreciated.

south shields
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hen weekend help march 2013

Is there a specific area in puerto banus for this time of year I've heard about the paseo maritimo in Marbella but more local would be better

Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
13 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hen weekend help march 2013

Kailey87 reptilian666

my advice would stay away from Banus...it is a rip off, talking 6 euros for bottle beer....12 euros vodka and coke....I would stay at either the Hotel Fuerte (on beach/paseo de maritimo) and about 200yds to all the clubs and bars in Marbella....AND a hell of a lot cheaper...or the Hotel San Cristobal...Hotel Bavaria...all no more than 500 yards from beach and nightlife....you have Bar Lemmon..and Babylon down in the port area thats only 2 of about 15...they all double as nightclubs...so you have a great and less expensive choice and here there are not to many tourists clubbing...mostly Spanish AND trouble free...never seen any trouble in all the years I have lived here..,my local bar is called Franks Corner Camilo José Cela, 7-9, Marbella, Spain and has live music on every weekend...

If you need any more help please feel free to contact me...Oh and getting from airport is easy...direct bus into marbella for 6 euros...non stop...then you just jump in a cab to the hotel,,,enjoy

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hen weekend help march 2013

Hi I have just been reading your post with interest, I am coming to marbella in may as part of a hen party, we have a range of ages. So are looking for suitable venue's I can see from your post that it seems to be the hotels that have the clubs ? Am I reading that right? Also we are staying at the Marbella Playa which is a bit outside of Marbella. So hoping to find bar's / clubs nearest to where we are staying. Plus I have looked up some clubs I think it was the Aqua Mist? the prices from drinks seemed to be starting for £100s to £1000s whats that all about? Any advice would be good

Thanks

Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
13 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hen weekend help march 2013

Hi,

Aqua Mist is in Puerto Banus...stupid prices for drink and food...full of plastic and pretend people...locals DO NOT go there..for obvious reasons...

your hotel is not that far from Marbella town as we shall call it, as Marbella is pretty big...goes all the way out past Puerto Banus...anyhoo...you are near Bonos Beach, this is privately owned and drinks and food is pretty expensive...you will be able to get a taxi from hotel and be in town within 10 mins....right, places to go...that does not cost an arm and a leg...as Banus does...

Nightclubs in town...Buddha Marbella Centro is the main place.(.https://www.facebook.com/pages/BUDDHA-MARBELLA-CENTRO/239388892821809)

Then you have Luxx Marbella....(https://www.facebook.com/Luxxmarbella)

this is next door to my bar Franks Corner....great place for a starter drink..the taxi driver will know where all these places are...Buddha is about 100 ft from beach!!

If you go along the Passeo de Maritimo (sea front) there is an abundance of bars and restuarants...a good bar on the front is Bar Bodegon, easy to find as there are lots of barrels outside for tables AND its right on the front...then you can go down onto the port area..again many bars cocktail bars and most double as nightclubs...Bar Lemmon, Sunset Club,Fusion,Le Sud,Babylon....lots and lots ....you pay a wee bit more on the port as the rates are higher..

Then you have the famous Orange Square...yup a square full of orange trees!!! cafes,bars and restaurants..again a wee bit more to pay...

Restaurants are basically all same price...I could give you the names of the ones I use but it would just baffle you on getting there...Great Tapas are served at Bar Bodegon...Oh and the bus runs from airport to Marbella every 40 mins and cosst 6 euros..takes you to bus station..lots of cabs outside and they will take you all to the hotel...should cost about 12-15 euros...

If you go to Franks ask for Ana or Carlos and tell them Jim sent you!!!

if you need any more info just email me at hutton_jim@hotmail.com

Disfrute de su visita a Marbella!

Jim

Edited: 12:05 pm, February 13, 2013
Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
13 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hen weekend help march 2013

Forgot to add, tell taxi driver that you want to go to Avinida Miguel Cano Marbella! when you get there...walk down toward the front....then the fun begins......you cant miss the front...turn right and thats where all bars restaurants are..when turn right walk ablout 50 yards...turn left and walk down to the port area...turn right and again you will see all the bars and clubs..

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hen weekend help march 2013

Thanks jim you've been a great help l'll let the others know. Can't wait to feel the sun

it's freezing in the uk.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hen weekend help march 2013

Thanks jim you've been a great help l'll let the others know. Can't wait to feel the sun

it's freezing in the uk.

Get answers to your questions about Marbella