We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private guide for day trips from Marbella Dec/Jan

Boston...
1 post
Save Topic
Private guide for day trips from Marbella Dec/Jan

Our Family with 10 & 11 old kids is staying at Marriott in Marbella late Dec-early Jan and would like to visit Granada, Rondo, and Morocco. Have rental car but would like recommendations of a guide that could make the visit efficient and fun.

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,895 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private guide for day trips from Marbella Dec/Jan

To be honest I don't think you need a guide to do Ronda and Granada, they are easily done on your own and you will have lots of wonderful things to see and do.

I'm not sure I'd bother with Morrocco. The guides on the organised tours will take you to places that give them the best commission and the reviews on TA nearly always say they don't get the proper flavour of Morrocco in just a day.

Mentioned in this post
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Granada
Granada
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private guide for day trips from Marbella Dec/Jan

family:

You do not need a guide for Granada or Ronda.

For Granada, read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online.

For both places, read the top questions in each of their forums.

Many people have been disappointed with Morocco because they have been hassled by vendors.

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
5 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private guide for day trips from Marbella Dec/Jan

It's true you really don't need guides for the destinations you have mentioned, however if you want to find the real gems of Andalusia then it may be worth chatting to somebody, I do take people on tours occasionally, but I will be out of the country for a few weeks. but there are plenty of people who would guide you.

It really depends on what you want from your trip.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private guide for day trips from Marbella Dec/Jan

You could travel and enjoy the white villlages of Andalucia www.andalucia.com/villages/home.htm

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

You will need an International Driving permit for Spain.

www.spain.info

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
5. Re: Private guide for day trips from Marbella Dec/Jan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 19, 2013