We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which city to visit in Moroco in Jan? Is it safe for women?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
which city to visit in Moroco in Jan? Is it safe for women?

For just about 5 days which cities are good to visit in early Januart?? I am traveling with my 21 year old daughter, Is it safe for women to travel alone in Moroco?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,245 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which city to visit in Moroco in Jan? Is it safe for women?

Tangier has its limits as to a place of interest, Marrakech, Fez and Casablanca have more of an atmosphere of where you are.

You will be quite safe and find the Morrocan people very hospitable.

Edited: 2:23 am, December 04, 2012
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which city to visit in Moroco in Jan? Is it safe for women?

How can we travel between cities? Should we rent a car or travel by bus or train?

Do you know a good tour guide or tour company or someone who can help us there and will be trust worthy?

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which city to visit in Moroco in Jan? Is it safe for women?

for 5 days I would go to Marrakesh and maybe Casablanca as well. If you organise it by yourself you can just take a plane from Malaga and then a bus from one city to the other. It is safe (I would say way safer than Houston, for example)

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,521 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which city to visit in Moroco in Jan? Is it safe for women?

Are you thinking of only going to Morrocco or are you staying in Spain and going for a day trip? If you are just going to Morrocco you should post on the Morroccan forum as well.

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: which city to visit in Moroco in Jan? Is it safe for women?

I'm 22 and recently travelled to Marrakech with my husband. It was a frightening experience for me and I did not feel safe there. I would recommend covering up as much as possible, however be aware that you're likely still to get comments/aggressive behaviour from some people. The best way to stay safe would be to stay in the main square and attempt to ignore the racism and sexism that surrounds you.

6. Re: which city to visit in Moroco in Jan? Is it safe for women?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, December 17, 2013