We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marbella verses poerto banus and drink prices

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ipswich
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Marbella verses poerto banus and drink prices

HI

I have booked flights to Malaga for my Hen weekend, there are 6 of us going and we can't decide where to stay poerto Banus or Marbella. I also hear Marbella can be expensive but how expensive are we talking?????? What would the average cost of a bottle of beer or a spirit and mixer cost? I don't want to get all my friends there then not be able to afford to have a good time.

Mel x

Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
33 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marbella verses poerto banus and drink prices

Mel

Stay in Marbella old town, there are stacks of bars, classy restaurants and go for your blast (s) in Puerto Banus. My daughter tells me a vodka and mixer in Marbella costs around 4/6 euros and in Puerto Banus you can pay up to or more than 9 euros for the same drink in Puerto Banus.

Remember the drinks here are about 3 times the size you get in the UK!

So tank up in Marbella, have dinner and then around 12 hit the Port, two taxis will get your group there in a few minutes.

I organised a trip to Marbella in November for a UK salsa group and they stayed at Hotel San Cristobal www.hotelsancristobal.com and were well pleased.

If you would like more info on shopping and girl things, ask any questions in the forum and my daughter will reply.

Have a great time!

Mike

2. Re: Marbella verses poerto banus and drink prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 pm, September 08, 2006
ipswich
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marbella verses poerto banus and drink prices

Thanks guys!!!!

We have found a good deal at the park plaza suites in Puorto Banus only ��81 each for 3 nights but can't seem to find chaper accomadation in Marbella old town

Mel xx

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
9,573 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marbella verses poerto banus and drink prices

Hello Me, That price is way toooo expensive. Keep searching as per the other two posters recomendations. They have offered you good choices. ENJOY!

Another option is to stay in one of the many coastal towns from Malaga to Marbella. It will be a lot more economical and a short and easy train ride back and forth. The money saved will be worth enjoying on drinks and will taste even better knowing this fact! ENJOY!

Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
33 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marbella verses poerto banus and drink prices

Mel,

If you are looking for some great free entertainment for your group, right on the edge of the old town in Marbella is the El Fuerte Hotel. It is literally 5 minutes easy walk from the Alameda Square on the main street.

Every Tuesday and Thursday at 10.30 there is a professional flamenco dance group. Pop along, have a drink in the very comfortable bar and enjoy real flamenco. It's the only place I know where you can see it free!

Last night two visitors staying with us from Oz went along and said it was great!

Oh, and shoppingwise, don't forget La Ca��ada shopping centre for some serious credit card meltdown.

Hotel Lima near the beach charged 54.57 euros for a double room in 2003 Tel: 952 77 05 00 and if you really want to go downmarket pricewise, look at the lower end of the list on

http://www.gomarbella.com/acom/hosteles.htm for accommodation in a hostal.

Why not treat yourself just a bit?

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Marbella verses poerto banus and drink prices

HI, i am going to Marbella next month staying at the marriott villas, it is for of us ladies, we don't know what to do where to go. we like partying but we want to see some culture. any suggestions, how far is Madrid or Barcelona from Marbella and is there anything to see or do in marbella, since is won't be warm enough to hit the beach

NY
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marbella verses poerto banus and drink prices

Hello Toni,

I too have booked a trip to Marbella in July with my family and staying at the Marriott Marbella Beach. Supposed to be beautiful. I am hoping to find out more about the distance between the cities such as Madrid and Seville. I know one thing we are planning on doing - which is to take the ferry to Morocco- That should be cool. Supposed to be a short trip.

My e-mail is shelly10983@hotmail.com. If you find out anything more about the distance between the cities let me know. Also, after your trip would love to hear how you liked the Marriott??

Thanks Michele