We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Marbella

Cheshire
4 posts
Save Topic
Bus to Marbella

Can anyone tell me if I can get a bus from Malaga airport to Alanda Club (formerly Four Seasons Country Club), which is somewhere near Marbella? Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Eastbourne, UK
Level Contributor
669 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Marbella

I think it is a bit difficult to get a bus point to point between the airport and Alanda (which is at Elviria about 8km east of Marbella). You would probably have to get a bus into Malaga then change to a local service which might go along the coast stopping at Elviria.

The best alternative would probably be to get the shuttle bus which goes non-stop between the airport and Marbella bus station (about 45 minutes and (I think) only about 4 Euros) non stop, then get a taxi back to Elviria which is about a 10 minute trip. This bus goes from just outside the terminal fairly frequently.

A taxi from the airport to Alanda costs over 30 Euros, so by the time you have made the return journey you might just as well have hired a car!

You could always phone Alanda and ask for advice - they are pretty helpful and have always been happy to make phone calls to check things like flight time confirmations etc whenever we have stayed there.

Mentioned in this post
Elviria
Elviria
Marbella, Spain
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain