We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Train Question for Tony Bearsden

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tourist Train Question for Tony Bearsden

Tony, if you are on this site any time soon, can you tell me more about the tourist train to Ronda?

You mentioned it in a post this year, and I think you said it could be taken from San Pedro. Where can I get more info about it? (We will be in Marbella in November.)

THANK YOU FOR ANY RESPONSES!

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Train Question for Tony Bearsden

Hi there! There's lots of interesting info on the tourist train to Ronda on this website link and getting on at San Pedro would be the logical choice if you are coming from Marbella.

Most, if not all, of the travel shops in Marbella will book you on the trip, which will start with a coach pick-up from your hotel or apartment, and return you there at the end of the day.

Not sure of the summer scheduling (think it's Mondays and Tuesdays, but others may know for sure).

Fare should be around 30 euros, or 40 including lunch.

Hope this helps. Tony

http://www.andalucia.com/accounts/ronda.htm

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,880 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist Train Question for Tony Bearsden

Tony. Your advice seems to be a little misleading and think you should clarify.

The train that runs from Algeciras to Ronda does not call anywhere near San Pedro. As far as I am aware, this line is a regular one and you can look up train times using Spanish railways web site. I recently stayed at the Reina Cristina hotel in Algeciras and went to the rail station to enquire about trains to Ronda. I have also stayed at the 'sister' hotel in Ronda called Reina Victoria. Both hotels were built following the railway line opening about 100 years ago. For a map of the rail system in Andalucia you can see: www.renfe.es/regionales/mapa_andalucia.html

and for times of the train you can look at http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/ingles.html

there may be an organised tourist trip but you can certainly take this train from any stop from Algeciras to Ronda as mentioned on the map.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,880 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist Train Question for Tony Bearsden

The times of trains and the station stops on the route from Algeciras to Ronda can be found on http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/ingles.html

However whilst Algeciras is provided in the drop down list, Ronda isn't. So you need to put destination as Bobadilla. You can see all the stations on this route and timings.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist Train Question for Tony Bearsden

Apologies. I have to bow to Cadiz Lover on this one. Grovel grovel. For San Pedro read San Roque. It's an age thing I guess!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist Train Question for Tony Bearsden

Thanks to you both. I was beginning to think I was crazy that I couldn't find ANYTHING ANYWHERE about an old tourist train from San Pedro.

I think we'll settle for the bus!

Get answers to your questions about Marbella