We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with small children

houston TX
3 posts
Save Topic
Traveling with small children

Can someone help us with things to do with a 2 & 5 year old? We will be traveling the first week in March. What side trips would you recommend for the family? Also would you recommend taking them to Marocco?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with small children

No, I would not recommend taking the children to Morocco unless they were a little older and would be able to enjoy the experience. You would also have a better chance of enjoying the country if you waited a few years for the children to get older. It will still be there when they are in their teens.

There is a lot to see and do along the Costa del Sol. You can visit the white villages, spend the day in Ronda, Spend some time exploring Malaga, spend some time in Granada.

You can visit the following web site to get a little more information on what's happening in Andalusia and along the Costa del Sol.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling with small children

Hi, Eileen,

We took our three children to Malaga last year and they were 5, 7 and 9. We stayed in Fuengirola and Marbella. Fuengirola is a bit smaller of a beach town than Marbella.

The kids loved the Alhambra, Granada, Sevilla and a day at Gibraltar was certainly not wasted on them! We took in a very touristy flamenco dinner and although contrived, the kids loved every minute. Twenty years ago while in college, we actually drove many hours and wound up in some gitano cave with sweaty empassioned dancers dancing an amazing night of flamenco, but I wouldn't recommend it now that I'm older and wiser. In Granada, there's an "original" flamenco cafe behind the Mosque. That one was particularly entertaining.

We have been to Morocco and Fez in the past, but chose not to take the children this time. My parents went recently and were somewhat (oddly)disappointed at how much safer it seemed than in years past. They went so far as to say there is major gentrification of the kasbah and it seems to have taken on a reputation of being a new yuppy place to live??? If you go, I'd say to take the hydrofoil and make it a day trip. You need to decide, though, if you consider yourself a "seasoned" traveler. If you are asking this question about taking the children, though, then it's likely you shouldn't go. You'd worry the entire time.

Happy Travels!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,406 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling with small children

You will find so much to do with children there including waterparks, zoos and fun parks but the great beaches will probably be enough for them. Would nt take them to Morocco they are too young to appreciate. They would prefer Ronda.