We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in october

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
weather in october

Hi

Can anyone tell me what the weather is normally like in Southern Spain in October? We are looking for somewhere to go in the half term holiday - 21st October and were thinking of the Canaries but cannot get flights for when we want to go. Will it still be hot in Southern Spain? What about restaurants, attractions etc - do they close in October?

Ireland
Level Contributor
922 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in october

Firstly, restaurants, attractions are generally open all year round (except Christmas). However, Water Parks do close about end of August.

I've been there in October and weather was lovely, stil sunny and pleasantly warm. I suspect though some Octobers have rain. Having said that I've been in January and had no rain.

birmingham
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in october

we stayed just down the road from malaga year or two back in october; weather was warm but we did have 4 rainy days out of fourteen, which was nt too bad, but we did have a hire car, so if it was naff we we got up in the morning we hopped in the car and ran away to somewhere interesting

Eastbourne, UK
Level Contributor
669 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in october

We always go for a fortnight at the end of October (22nd this year) and are generally lucky with the weather. In the last five or six years, we have only had one week where it has rained on more than a couple out of the fortnight. It is pretty much the same as a late May or early June day in the UK - daytime temperatures are generally low 70s but may reach mid 80s and it is still pleasant enough in the evenings to walk around without a coat, although a light fleece may be needed.

As other correspondents have said above, pretty much all of the restaurants etc are open as are most of the attractions. We have always managed to get a good deal of time on the beach and the sea and swimming pools are not too cold to swim.

Hire a car if you can as it will allow you to get out and about a lot more, particularly useful if we don't get the sun every day!

Have a great time if you do go.

4. Re: weather in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 23, 2009