We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

early morning transport to Malaga

Shetland Islands...
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
early morning transport to Malaga

Flying to UK from Malaga at 7am on Mon 27 Oct.

We want to spend Sun 26 Oct in Malaga and stay overnight. From my research it seems there is no public transport to airport early morning - am I right?

Also seems that taxi would be about 20 euros - is that also about right? (2 adults, 2 teenagers, 3 rucksacks).

Any recommendations of a hotel which would be central to train/bus for our arrival on Sun 26 from Granada and which would also be ok for an early morning pick up?

Our budget is mid-range.

thanks

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,120 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: early morning transport to Malaga

The first train leaves Malaga Centro at 5.20 taking 11 mins to the airport, cost 1.70€ rucksacks free,

Shetland Islands...
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: early morning transport to Malaga

Thanks for that but thinking that will be too late for us. Flight is at 7am so we will need to check in at 5am (I think).

Guess it will need to be taxi

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
62,689 posts
3,724 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: early morning transport to Malaga

Sc0ttishmum:

Hotels:

4-star: Hotel NH Malaga – Good hotel with a large parking space.

3-star: Hotel Don Curro – Good hotel near Calle Larios.

The hotels can easily call a taxi for you at any time. To get to the airport, a taxi will take about 20 minutes. Cost will be about 20 euros.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,120 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: early morning transport to Malaga

Check on opens 2 hours before flight and closes 40mins before. If you are hand luggage only its soon enough.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: early morning transport to Malaga

It certainly is early enough. You shouldn't have problems to make it with plenty of time for your flight. I usually do AGP-CDG-Any country in Africa very often (about once or twice a month), which is an intercontinental flight, and I usually get to the airport 1h 15 min before the flight.

If you are not comfortable with this, you can always take a taxi.

Edited: 3:19 am, April 01, 2014
Shetland Islands...
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: early morning transport to Malaga

Thanks for all the responses. Travelling with 2 teenagers so will probably go for taxi option.

7. Re: early morning transport to Malaga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 03, 2015