We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Women Travelling in Taxis

Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Single Women Travelling in Taxis

Hi There

I was just wondering how safe it is for single women taking taxis at night in Malaga?

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
PAW
Banbury
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Women Travelling in Taxis

Hello trentfrog,

To where are you travelling? Try www.shuttledirect.com for an instant on-line quote. They are a reputable company and the taxi driver will meet you in the arrivals hall, thus avoiding the hassle of going outside and negotiating with the airport taxis. We use this company all the time and find them to be excellent. They may cost a few euuros more but it is well worth it.

Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Women Travelling in Taxis

Hi Paw

Can you also use this service for pickup from a location in Malaga (say an apartment) to go to the aiport, train station etc. Is there any other way to contact them besides the internet to book a taxi?

Do you know what regular taxis are like in Malaga. Ones that you would just hail off the street. I'm a single woman who will be using taxis in Malaga while I'm there for school and I need to know if they are safe to take. Especially at night if you are travelling alone.

Many Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
PAW
Banbury
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Single Women Travelling in Taxis

Hello trentfrog,

Yes you can use shuttledirect to pick you up in Malaga and take you to the airport. I do not know how to contact them other than via the internet and unfortunately we are away tomorrow for six days and I will not have time to find their number as I have destroyed our last paperwork from them. However try shuttledirect on a search engine and you may find out how to contact them by phone.

I am confident that you will be safe using local taxis as they are government regulated and their fares are pre-set. Before you get in the car, ask how much the fare will be to your destination. They should show you a printed card on which the fares are listed. I have always felt safe using local taxis and have never heard of anyone having a problem other than being "ripped off" because they have not pre-arranged the rate before using the taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
-
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Single Women Travelling in Taxis

It's a safe city Trentfrog. I agree with Paw, stick to the obvious. Only

use registered cabs and set the fare - they will have an ID card. Demand to see it before getting in the cab and you'll be fine.

Don't forget central parts will be busy late at night so you can also walk in safety, usual precautions like avoid dark alleys, only walk where it's busy etc.

5. Re: Single Women Travelling in Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 16, 2009