We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

Wales
Level Contributor
28 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

Hi,

My wife and i are staying in Mijas Pueblo for a week - any contacts for a reliable Taxi Company ?.

Thanks

Ian

Yarm
Level Contributor
645 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

Not an answer re taxi contacts - but right opposite Malaga airport a regular train service ( every 20 minutes )will take you to Fuengirola - right outside the station are always plenty of taxis waiting - generally about 16 euros to Mijas Pueblo. A taxi from the airport will be in the region of 55 euros.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,767 posts
3,727 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

kempian:

My estimate from the airport to Mijas Pueblo is about 32 euros.

Wales
Level Contributor
28 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

Thanks - would you pre-book or pick a cab at the Airport ?.

Ian

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,767 posts
3,727 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

Ian:

There are many taxis waiting at the airport, so this is more convenient than pre-booking.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

€32 is more than a bit hopeful for Mijas Pueblo, I'd say around €45 (or more if it's the weekend). The trains are frequent, clean and efficient - you could save a lot by getting the train to Fuengirola as advised above.

Yarm
Level Contributor
645 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

It will be more than 32 euros unless you are going to the coast of Mijas. That is why we have started using the train then taxi. For some reason it's a bit cheaper coming back from Mijas pueblo to the airport . Have just consulted with hubby and last time we got one from the airport it was 45 euros ( of the top of my head when I answered originally I had 55 in my mind ) - that was two years ago although the fares don't seem to have increased too much since then. It's a set fare so you may as well pick up from the airport.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

It's cheaper going back to the airport because there isn't an airport pick-up surcharge.

scotland
Level Contributor
17,400 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

As above the train to Fuengirola would be by far the cheapest option , then either a taxi or the bus from there .Its such an easy trip to make really , as the train leaves outsideT3 arrivals hall and takes around 35 minutes to Fuengirola .

Wales
Level Contributor
28 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

I am tempted to use the Train from Malaga to fuengirola but would need a taxi on the return journey as we have an early flight home.

Ian

Yarm
Level Contributor
645 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

There is a taxi rank in the centre of Mijas or your hotel ( if you are staying in one ) would get you one in 5 minutes. On a Saturday one sits outside the Mijas hotel lobby most times. Think about 40 euros.