We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaga car hire - topcars

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Malaga car hire - topcars

I followed a link from the Malaga Airport website to a car hire company called Topcars, they are just off site but you get picked up and dropped back at the airport. The prices look good and they have an option that includes all insurance, extra driver and no fuel charge which is very competitive. Other sites' prices have looked good until you add the extras! Has anyone used them or is it too good to be true?

169 replies to this topic
UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,415 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Malaga car hire - topcars

Helen

I haven't used them, but you could look at this link:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187437-i993-k35…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Malaga car hire - topcars

Thank you - I'd tried searching the forums but missed that one! Think I might give them a go,

Brighton
Level Contributor
72 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Malaga car hire - topcars

Helen -

Have you already had your trip and did you use Topcars? I am making a booking now for Malaga in August (I know, I know, I would much rather be going at a more sensible time but needs must) and Topcars are coming out the best once you factor in all the extras, fuel policy, etc etc....better than Malagacar.com even.

Don't seem to be any recent reviews (and only one old one?), which makes me worry, possibly unnecessarily :-)

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
92 reviews
4. Re: Malaga car hire - topcars

We are also due to fly out in August and are looking to hire a car for a week. Helen / Kimba, have either of you any further advice as looking to book this week.

Good luck and thanks.

Tony

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Malaga car hire - topcars

We're not going until August but I did decide to book with Topcars and the process was very easy and the costs transparent and very reasonable. Will update the post on our return!

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
92 reviews
6. Re: Malaga car hire - topcars

Hi Helen, my mistake, we are flying out in July.....4 weeks encounting. I will have a look at topcars online and make a decision over the week-end.

Regards

Tony

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
7. Re: Malaga car hire - topcars

Just returned from Spain and used Top Cars. Highly recommended. It would seem that if you take out the full insurance (which covers everything, no excess, tyres, glass etc) you get a slightly older car which will probably have a few scratches already. But because you're fully insured there's no need to make a record or any of them or leave a credit card. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We got a decent discount for paying cash. Pick up from the airport was quick and easy, we were only 5 minutes in the office and ready to go and simply handed the keys straight back on our return. So much easier than the usual nightmare!

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
18,085 posts
134 reviews
8. Re: Malaga car hire - topcars

Thanks for posting back Helen. Its nice to have reports about the better companies. Generally its all complaints.

Greater London...
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
13,614 posts
129 reviews
9. Re: Malaga car hire - topcars

Agree with MT Helen, we get so many complaints about car hire firms on the forums and we spend our time giving advice to read the T&Cs etc so its good to hear of a not very well known company giving a good service.

Manchester
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
10. Re: Malaga car hire - topcars

Hi Helen, we're off to Malaga later this month and are looking into car rental. I'd come across topcars and they seem good. You mentioned that you get slightly older cars with the full insurance, I just want to check that you didn't get a total old banger as we are booking two cars for a large family and don't want to end up with a 15 year old car with bald tyres!!! What are your thoughts? Thank you! Sophie

Reply to: Malaga car hire - topcars
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted