We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to book?

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
229 reviews
Save Topic
When to book?

Yet another question!

My dilemma is do I book now for early October (Molina Blanco) or wait until 4 or 5 months out to get a better price. The reason I ask is July and August prices on a couple of sites I use are currently cheaper. Is Malaga traditionally quieter during these hot months or is it maybe just better to wait until a bit nearer the time ie 4-5 months away from our dates?

Thanks once again.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to book?

We booked in July for December and got a great deal. When we looked early September the price had climbed considerably.

Obviously this was just our experience with one Booking site.

Edited: 4:18 am, March 19, 2013
Scotland
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to book?

Thanks Campolady.

Obviously I meant Molina Lario! There's another place we've visited called Molino Blanco. Think I was still half asleep when I posted this morning.........

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to book?

Jackiee:

Summer months are quite busy in Malaga because we get a large influx of people from Madrid and Andalusia who want to take advantage of our beaches.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to book?

Thanks Benny,

I'll wait a couple of months I think then. It looks like 4-5 months in advance may be a good time to book.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,483 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to book?

We booked this October last September, certainly more expensive and flight costs into orbit. Always book a year in advance. If your not bothered on your hotel choice could be a last minute deal.

One of my sons just booked week from Easter Sunday in Torremolinos for £150 each at the Griego mar including flights, room only.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When to book?

That's an excellent price Ian, less than a one-way flight from Gatwick!

Knowing when to book (flights or hotels) can be so annoying, you think you've got a good price and then a sale starts! Flights are generally cheaper the earlier you book but apparently for hotels 16 weeks in advance is the optimum time.

Edited: 3:57 pm, March 22, 2013
Scotland
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When to book?

A couple of years ago we booked for a hotel in Naples Florida 4 months in advance and got a great deal. I'd watched the price for weeks beforehand. I think I'll do the same with Molina Lario........unless there's a sale!

I agree that the earlier you book flights the better.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
891 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When to book?

I booked the Don Curro for my friend and myself for an overnight stay in June, twin room with breakfast 80 euros which I thought was a decent price.

9. Re: When to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 24, 2014