We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caminito Del Rey?

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Caminito Del Rey?

I'd like to climb it, is it still considered dangerous? Is it being repaired?

Can you do it solo or are there any guided tours? If so can anyone recommend any in Spanish?

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,989 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caminito Del Rey?

The answer to your first question is yes, still dangerous. The funding to repair it never materialised as far as i know.

Therefore your last 2 questions are both No`s. Have you seen the you tube vids of bikes riding along it? scary.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Caminito Del Rey?

Aww damn. Nope I haven't seen them lol. Do you know if there's anything else to do in that area? Or is the Caminto del Rey the main attraction?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caminito Del Rey?

The area has a lot of natural beauty, and even if you can't walk the Caminito you can still enjoy a day out there.

There is also the lake where you can hire boats and the like.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,069 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caminito Del Rey?

I haven't seen this video on You Tube for ages so thought I'd have another look! OMG, even sitting in my chair at home it feels like I'm falling off the edge of the path! Anyone thinking of doing it must be mad! LOL! For people who haven't seen it before, here's the link - be warned its scary!

http://youtu.be/ZmDhRvvs5Xw

nahe Wien
Level Contributor
71 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caminito Del Rey?

Thank you for posting this link ... outrageous ...

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,069 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caminito Del Rey?

certainly need to have a head for heights even to watch the video! Glad you liked it.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,341 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caminito Del Rey?

Yesterday a tourist who fell 70 meters was rescued by the Guardia Civil. It was a miracle that the tourist survived.

malagahoy.es/article/…chorro.html

The Caminito is not a safe place right now.

8. Re: Caminito Del Rey?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 07, 2014