We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire - Help Please

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ely, England
Level Contributor
95 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire - Help Please

Hi everyone.

Does anyone have recent experience of a good Malaga car hire company please?

I have trawled the forums here, researched websites for more than a week, mailed various companies for precise information and received ambiguous replies and simply put, i am struggling to find what i want.

I am interested in hiring a car for two weeks, with a fuel policy which means i return the car with what was in it when i collected it, one additional driver and with all inclusive insurance.

Any guidance would be appreciated please. I hire cars overseas 2 or 3 times a year and it is not usually diffciult to get straight answers from the companies that provide them.

Thanks very much!

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,255 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire - Help Please

Try Helle Hollis. There are a lot of good reports on here, in fact I've booked with them for this year using their early bird discount and used the owners code - here's a link to help you tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187435-i317-k59…

We've used Auto-europe and had full/full with Avis, Do You Spain also offer a choice of companies - you can filter out the ones you don't want (Advantage is now known as Firefly and has the worst reputation on the forums), Do You Spain have a thread on the Spain forum on here where they answer questions and help customers out who've had a bad experience with a hire company they recommended. Others often recommend malagacarhire.com and Bravo.

Hope this helps.

Ely, England
Level Contributor
95 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire - Help Please

Hi Ceejayblue,

Thanks very much for the information and the link.

I'll have a look at the Do You Spain thread; i saw their website but you can't filter for both fuel and suppliers at once.

Thanks again,

Tracey

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,255 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire - Help Please

Tracey, I think you can, if you do them one at a time it should work, I had a look before I booked Helle Hollis.We had a good experience with Auto-europe in 2011 and they went out of their way to get us full/full with full insurance and a free excess policy through them. Avis gave us full/full and a 3% discount card to fill up on the way back at a CEPSA petrol station.

Ely, England
Level Contributor
95 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire - Help Please

Thanks again. I hve looked at the Helle Hollis website; do you buy a policy in the UK for excess?

I will also look t the other companies you have used, many thanks.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,255 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire - Help Please

Yes, if you check out the other Helle Hollis thread I think Mantalk gives a link to the company he uses which, I will be looking at when we go this year.

London, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire - Help Please

hi helle hollis is a very big car rental agency right outside the airport. I had a look at the terms and conditions and it says that

FAIR FUEL POLICY

Helle Hollis delivers the vehicle with a full tank of fuel which you must pay for upon arrival. When you return the vehicle we will refund you for every unused quarter of a tank.

i think that is quite fair because last time we rented from holiday autos we were charged 70 euros for a tank of petrol for a polo golf.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,255 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire - Help Please

We've got Full/Full with Helle Hollis in September.

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire - Help Please

If you look at Helle Hollis, don't forget to put in the Homeowner's Club discount code H6486 to get another 15% discount.

Two companies that do excess from UK are carhireexcess.co.uk and insurance4carhire.com

Ely, England
Level Contributor
95 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Hire - Help Please

Thanks to everyone for their posts, they are all very helpful.

I guess that the desire for competitive pricing has led to car hire companies applying costs like budget airlines do. I think there is a big opportunity for companies to have transparent, all in pricing menus.

10. Re: Car Hire - Help Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 19, 2014