We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malaga car hire

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
malaga car hire

Can anyone recommend a good reliable car hire company at Malaga airport with no hidden charges?

Mentioned in this post
Malaga Airport
Malaga Airport
Malaga, Spain
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,895 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: malaga car hire

Have a look at all the threads on the forums which will give you a lot of helpful info and the good and bad car hire companies that are at the airport. Last year we went through Auto-europe.co.uk (via quidco.com for cashback!) and after refusing Record and Goldcar (because of reviews on here) we settled on Avis and they were brilliant.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: malaga car hire

Many thanks; I had a disappointing experience with Goldcar last year - extra hidden charges for fuel & insurance.

Helsinki
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: malaga car hire

Sixt, at the Malaga airport has been excellent for me, I rented twice from there, good cars etc. AVIS /Budget in Malaga I tried once, and it was the worst experience ever. They left me and the kid on the side of the road with a broken car for over two hours, on a very hot day. It took 2,5 months for them to answer the reclamations I made, and they did not offer any compensation.

Mentioned in this post
Malaga Airport
Malaga Airport
Malaga, Spain
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Avignon, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: malaga car hire

DO NOT USE MALAGACAR HIRE

Watch out with this company!

There are many hidden charges in their contracts, as with many hire companies all hidden in the small print.

Also if you happen to be driving through Granada, be warned the place is like a mine field of hidden cameras waiting to catch any unsuspecting tourist who breaks any of their minute traffic laws.

Malagacar then profits from this and charges you 25 euros "administrative fee" for EACH traffic "violation" Granada sends them.

Completely unaware I had done anything illegal I received a total of 150 euros of fines and administrative fees!

Great way to ruin your fond memories of Spain.

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: malaga car hire

terrusnature, I noticed you have posted twice about Malagacar. There are two companies: Malagacar.com and Malagacarhire.com Which one did you use?

Braunton, United...
Level Contributor
510 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: malaga car hire

See my true report here.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187435-i317-k59…

Steve and Mary

birmingham
Level Contributor
788 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: malaga car hire

We have used malagacarhire.com twice now both times extremely pleased with service.,

Carlton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: malaga car hire

OMG, NEVER USE THIS COMPANY

This company is despicable and a total joke. I had a Puncture whilst on holiday and even though I had insurance which they took from me at the time of hire, they took £267 out of my account. The car only cost 141 euros. When returning the car there was some damage due to the blow out. This was explained at the time of the incident and we were told we would only pay for the wheel. On return home we hadn't even left Malaga when I received an e mail taking Over £500 out of my account without warning. They claim we were not insured

Which is obviously illegal for a firm to hire out cars without being insured......

Please be beware, the company are rogues and will take money without warning and make I up as they along...

Do not make the same mistake we did....

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,895 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: malaga car hire

Sorry to hear of your experience with Malagacarhire but its a very unusual thing to happen with them. Are you sure you took out the excess insurance? This is in addition to the insurance included in the car hire when you booked through. Malagacarhire, who are brokers, what was the name of the car hire company you went with? If you didn't have the excess that covered the tyres, windscreens and under the car etc then they are entitled to take the money from you as that is what you signed for when you signed the contract at the car hire desk.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: malaga car hire

Book With MALAGACAR.COM They are Direct Hire Company, No Brokers fees/commission and good service.

Do Not Confuse With MALAGA CAR HIRE

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain