We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Question

US
2 posts
Save Topic
Car Rental Question

I am traveling to Malaga soon from the US and was wondering what I need to do to be able to drive in Spain. Is it required to have an international driving license, like if I am getting a car from www.recordrentacar.com?

Nottingham UK
Level Contributor
73 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car Rental Question

Hi Vterry,

We paln on hiring from http://www.carjet.co.uk we pick the car up at the airport next sunday so will let you know how it goes.

MArk

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
151 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Car Rental Question

We just return from France and Spain. Flew into Malaga and rented through car jet they tell you to go to the rent a car area lower level you go to the Crown Car pick up. We had no problems and picked up a ford Focus station wagon. There were 4 of us and had plenty of room for luggage. 5 day paid 153 Euro. Hope this helps.

Nottingham UK
Level Contributor
73 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Car Rental Question

Hello vterry,

We picked our car up with no problems from the airport and returned it when finished. All went smoothly and according to plan. If you are out side the EU then you will need an international license I think.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Car Rental Question

Hi;

We just returned from Spain and rented from Avis at the airport in Malaga. We are from Canada and had our International Driver's but they were not required...just the Canadian ones. Car was a Renault Scenic and worked out well for the five of us. Returned it to the train station in Sevilla.