We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Trendy New Restaurant Downtown

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,881 posts
3,785 reviews
Save Topic
A Trendy New Restaurant Downtown

Restaurante DeSal

Calle Alarcon Lujan, 1

Tel: 952-211-091

Hours: Everyday, 1 pm to 5 pm, 8 pm to midnight.

This new restaurant is located beside the Plaza de Felix Saenz at the corner of a building, a very good location. There are very large windows from the ground to the ceiling that allow a lot of light into the restaurant. The decoration is modern. At one wall there is a very large refrigerated wine bin that allows one to see all the wine bottles there. There is a very long bar and island for taking drinks and tapas. The surface of the bar top is white marble, quite elegant. The ensalada de la huerta (6 euros) is good. The carrillera (13.50) is very tender and is served over a base of sweet potato. The boquerones fritos (9.50 euros) is tasty. Prices are moderate. Service is attentive. This restaurant will be very popular because of the location and good food.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Trendy New Restaurant Downtown

€9.50 for boquerones! I wouldn't call that price 'moderate', I have to say.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Trendy New Restaurant Downtown

My thoughts exactly NoSoy.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Trendy New Restaurant Downtown

Not moderate prices to me either I´m afraid!

Gibraltar
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: A Trendy New Restaurant Downtown

Horrid place - went last night. Calamari was poorly done - not á la plancha, as it should have been, but just basic squid rings. Then came the Langoustines I DIDN'T order which arrived- I thought naiivly as a taster. Twelve Euros, thank you very much. The whole meal was substandard at best - and 36.75 Euros just for me. Bloody atrocious - don't bother. I would have written in their complaints book but I had a bus to catch and clouldn't get back.

Scotland
Level Contributor
4,006 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Trendy New Restaurant Downtown

Who'd be a food critic? Benny, I saw this coming!

Edited: 2:18 pm, August 29, 2012
Tynemouth
Level Contributor
5,167 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Trendy New Restaurant Downtown

Funny that Guy T has only ever done 1 post - always suspicious.

Gibraltar
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: A Trendy New Restaurant Downtown

That would bebecause I have just joined, matey. I felt so strongly about being ripped off by this place I joined to vent my frustrations. Don't worry, there will be more - good and bad.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A Trendy New Restaurant Downtown

My experience at this place was actually quite good a few months ago. Maybe they have gone downhill.

Just a bit of advice, Guy T: I don't know any place that serves langoustines as a taster!

9. Re: A Trendy New Restaurant Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 01, 2013