We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marbesol Car Hire - Dangerous- could of had us killed !

Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Marbesol Car Hire - Dangerous- could of had us killed !

On Wed 7th Sept we were driving on the motorway back to Marbelsol offices. Approaching Malaga, the tyre suddendly burst. Luckily we were not going fast otherwise we could have gone all over the road, caused an accident or much worse.

We called MArbesol for assistance as we were very close to the office (10 mins max. away). We could not even change the tyre ourselves because the tools given with the car didnt fit.

After 3 hours the van arrived. In the meantime the police arrived at the side of the road . They issued a fine in favour of Marbesol as the car was in such a very dangerous condition. Three out of the four tyres were danferously defective.

I have a copy of the fine documentation that has now been handed in to Marbesol. The Police said that the car was not roadworthy and 3 of the 4 tyres were defective - basically the tread was worn right through causing the tyre to burst. We had completed in total only 384 KMs during our rental.

As a result of a long delay and after a lot of frustration we missed our return flight home.

I am very angry that we were in a car that was clearly defective and could have caused a seruous accident. Our additonal costs have been 450 euro for extra flights plus a loss of a day's salary due to late return to home.

I have used Marbesol many times before - but htis is the last. Weeks later and I cannot get any response from them. So their customer service leaves alot to be desirded. But I can't get over the danger that this company has put our family under.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,326 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Marbesol Car Hire - Dangerous- could of had us killed !

gerard E: Agree with wirewiper re you details.

Unfortunately problems with your car not limited to your renter.

Main problem I find is damaged not marked on my printout. Secondly no hi-viz vests or warning triangle.

two years ago in ibiza i had to approach another driver who was about to drive off in a car I had just rejected. Could not beleive he was prepared to just jump in the car and drive off (had no vests or warning triangle, no other car for this renter had them in , 20 in total, according to renter previous hirers had removed them!)

VPS
Vilanova i la Geltru
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Marbesol Car Hire - Dangerous- could of had us killed !

Ivar Z. Do you work for, or own the 'Gold Car' franchise in Malaga? The forums in TA have regular complaints and bad reviews about that company.....read them before recommending a bad company. They are particularly bad for charging excessive amounts for full to empty fuel tanks.

Lichfield, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Marbesol Car Hire - Dangerous- could of had us killed !

Wirewiper. Thank you for the advice.

Lichfield, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Marbesol Car Hire - Dangerous- could of had us killed !

I am currently complaining to Marbesol Malaga Airport regarding their breach of contract i.e. supplying a vehicle not roadworthy, illegal tyres. I intend to take this complaint to the highest level as this may save lives. I have photographs of the illegal tyres but cannot attach them

Contact me if you wish

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Marbesol Car Hire - Dangerous- could of had us killed !

These lot would be on watchdog if the were over here. €800 deposit (returned after 31 days) & €91 for car seat hire (dirty and wet). I hope these lot go bust as they give other local non-multinational companies a bad reputation. There cars are like something out of a stock car race - after the finish! Ours broke and they took a day to replace it! First car had numerous issues with 1 headlight smashed in, loose wheel bearing, non functional gearbox - this broke, smelly interior and dirty dirty dirty!!!! Oh dear it makes m cringe when I speak about it!!!

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,353 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Marbesol Car Hire - Dangerous- could of had us killed !

Thomas, why did you accept the car? If the headlight was smashed in when you picked it up you should never have taken it out. You wouldn't have known about the mechanical issues till you drove it but if they were obvious when you pulled out of the depot you should've turned round and returned it there and then.

Solihull, United...
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Marbesol Car Hire - Dangerous- could of had us killed !

I had the same problem with Marbesol they are a bunch of Jokers. Luckily I used to sell tyres for a living a fully checked the vehicle over before I agreed to take it. I had a 2 year old daughter and was not going to take any risks on tyres bursting that was for sure. It went a bit like this. I was given the first vehicle which looked quite nice from the reception and what we payed for a Seat like a golf nice and reliable perfect but not. As I looked round the vehicle there were cracks beginning to show literally, the tyres were dated 2009 and were cracked and bulges appeared on two of them. I was pretty disgusted at this stage that they were giving people cars with such poor tyres especially after trying to be sold the tyre warranty if I did take the warranty out there should at least be 4 x tyres with good tread and of reasonable condition these tyres were certainly illegal with less than 1mm of tread. The next car they tried to give me was the same with 2 x tyres at the front worn which was a Opel/Corsa not what we paid for. Eventually we were given a reasonable vehicle which was a tiny little Fiat panda again not what we paid for at least the tyres were good............But as I drove the vehicle out of the dirty little garage I became very aware the clutch was at its limit crunching in 1st and 2nd gear and reverse. At this stage we had been treated very bad and been there about 2 hours in the heat with a 2 year old girl so I was not in the position to argue any more so we were lumbered with this car which sat in the underground car park all of the Holliday of a week with a full tank of fuel id paid for. Which really annoyed me? Marbesol were so unprofessional how they handled the situation and it took 2 weeks for us to get our deposit back. I will never use them again and nobody else should.

London
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Marbesol Car Hire - Dangerous- could of had us killed !

We hired a car from Marbesol last week, after booking via Argus. They're the worst car hire company we've ever dealt with. Rude, unhelpful staff, hidden fees (the overpriced full tank of petrol), a dirty office and cars in very poor condition. We got a flat tyre a few days into the holiday and found that not only did we have no spare, but the puncture repair kit had been used and not replaced. It's true that we probably should have checked these items before taking the car in the first place, but the fact remains that it was irresponsible of Marbesol to have given us a car with them missing. They were abrupt to the point of rudeness when we called them to send someone to fix the tyre and treated the whole thing like a huge hassle. The engine light came on in the car a day later and Marbesol weren't answering their phones, either in Malaga or Marbella, so my husband drove back to Malaga rather than take the risk of using the car for the rest of the holiday. They didn't take the issue seriously at all, and said that the car 'probably just needed a service'. After a fair bit of wrangling, we were given an alternative car. When we dropped the car off, we accidentally left our camera in it and only realised this when back at the airport. We didn't have time to get back to the Marbesol office so I called them, hoping that they might agree to post the camera out to our home address. They put me on hold and said they were going to check the car, then came back on 2mins later to state that "There is no camera in the car." I argued that we'd only dropped the car with them 30mins previously and the camera was definitely in there, but they just kept repeating that "There is no camera in the car." You can draw your own conclusions about how a fairly large camera vanished into thin air minutes after we left it with them. Never, never again. I'm amazed that they're still in business - they certainly don't deserve to be.

19. Re: Marbesol Car Hire - Dangerous- could of had us killed !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 14, 2014