We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

europcar rental-feedback requested

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
29 posts
279 reviews
Save Topic
europcar rental-feedback requested

europcar rental rates were great - but how do they rate compared to Hertz, Avis etc. Also, how easy is it to pick-up/drop off car rental from Malaga airport. Is it on-site or a bus/shuttle ride away? Any feedback would be appreciated. We need a van for 6 and have grandma/pa and lots of luggage with us.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: europcar rental-feedback requested

Europcar is located at Avda. Garcia Morato at the Pablo Picasso Airport, Malaga. You can check their web site for a map of the location.

www.europcar.com/worldwidelocations/index.jsp

We have used them several times over the last three years and they have been great, even when a nearly destroyed one of their brand new cars two summers ago. Luckily, I was carrying the insurance. They are a worldwide company (except for the USA) and have a great presence in Spain.

Malaga
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: europcar rental-feedback requested

I normaly use dragoncars.com for my family and friends.

They meet you at Malaga airport and that you out to the car park to you hire car.

No bus transfer needed.

They are a family run company and they are always there for after service if needed.

UK
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: europcar rental-feedback requested

Hi europcar is located actually at the airport and they are easy to find. Almost all the rental companies on site and easy to find.

My own personal experience of them at malaga is that they are the worst rental company I have used. From speaking great english to "no comprende" in a matter of seconds. They are over priced and the charges for extras are very high.

My preferred company is www.carjet.com you will get much lower rates, they have no excess to pay, they do not charge for any alterations or cancellations up until 24 hours from your reservation. The only extra I pay them when at malaga is for cover for tyres and wheels approx 15 euros per rental. This is due to a bill from europcar for 570 euros on a trip 2 years ago.

Worth having a look. Good luck and have a great trip whichever company you choose.

Costa del sol is a great place.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,836 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: europcar rental-feedback requested

Another carjet.com enthusiast. Have used them now for the past 10 years and never been let down. No extras at Malaga Airport, apart from the 15-euro option mentioned above. Good cars, and good service. No wonder they are now firmly established as No 1 in Spain!

spain
Level Contributor
784 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: europcar rental-feedback requested

europcar are as good as everyone else. The problem its their tie with easyjet.. If you fly with easyjet you can bet that 50% of all the people hiring cars on your plane will be doing so via europcar. The queues at their desks will be the longest by far.

If you are staying in benalmadena get a taxi (15 euros) , explore the area on foot/bus and maybe get a car on day 3 or 4. If you are coming in july or august you cant find a parking space anyway....

sunshinebob

New Jersey
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: europcar rental-feedback requested

sunshine bob that was great advice. i was acutally looking for that advice. so carjet is the go. Can anyone on this topic also advice of things to see or do in benalmadena. we are a couple in our late 20's. so anything fun is the way to go!!!

spain
Level Contributor
784 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: europcar rental-feedback requested

plenty to see and do. Great beaches of course. Make sure you get up into the hills away from the busy coast.. Quaint little white villages full of charm. If its a clear day and not too warm get the cable car from tivoli area for super views over the coast.. Its real nice up there.

Day trips to Malaga , Nerja and Rhonda ( about an hours away each ) are also worth the visit..

Lots of bars , and clubs to go to in and around benalmadena... Also if you like a drag show Bunnys is the best by a long chalk. For a nice meal I suggest El Mero (seafood mostly ) in the Marina at Benalmadena Costa. The fish in salt is wonderful. About 100 euros including a good wine.

Its not like Michigan and you can walk from place to place. Cars are only necessary for the day trips. Bring comfy shoes or sneakers.

And remember most of the shops close every afternoon ( gets to 110 degrees most summers )in most towns and villages from 2 til 5pm.

sunshinebob