We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malaga football club

lake district...
Level Contributor
49 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
malaga football club

Will be visiting April 9-16. I have looked at Malaga fixtures and see that malaga are at home on 9th. Please could anyone tell me what time the matches are and where is the stadium. We are staying in Elviria area.

Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
200 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: malaga football club

It's usually a lottery as to when the games are played, as some will be brought forward to the Saturday night if one of the teams is involved in European competition or TV dictates it.

For this particular match against Getafe, I would guess that it will almost certainly be played on Sunday and will kick off at 5pm or possibly 7pm.

The new stand will in all probability be open then as well, so tickets will be readily available. In fact, even if the stand isn't finished in time you shouldn't have a problem getting a ticket for this opposition.

You can travel to Malaga city yourself by bus from Marbella and buy the tickets at La Rosaleda stdium, which is to the north of the city, or you could consider giving Ken a ring at The Tavern in Marbella old town, as he organises special buses and can help with the tickets. His numbers are (+00 34) 646 609 320 or in the evenings (+00 34) 952 772 814. Enjoy the match!

liverpooland malaga
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: malaga football club

Hola. We went to see Malaga vs. Osasuna last month and we found it really difficult getting tickets from the stadium itself but there's a shopping centre with the same name as the ground, called 'La Rosaleda' and it's situated on the same road to the left of the stadium, inside there you'll find a kiosk style shop that sells tickets for about 15 euros.

If you're renting a car then it's really easy to find the stadium (with a map) make sure you park in a proper car park, even though it's more expensive it's worth it in damages. But if you've to rely on public transport then the coach party that Anchovy man mentioned is your best idea becuase it takes about an hour on the bus from Marbella (direct) and you can only get the train from Fuengirola. I live not far from the train station and it's a bit of a trek to walk to the stadium, but it's a straight walk up the calle de montes de oca, next to corte inglese, until you can't go further and the stadium will be there.

If you're use to English football then a Malaga match will be an experience- good luck x

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: malaga football club

Hi, did you manage to find out what time the game will kick off? My fiance will be in Malaga for a golf trip and they're hoping to catch this game too but we can't find the start time anywhere.

Any help appreciated.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,270 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: malaga football club

I quote from

www.soccer-spain.com/ssdocs/kick-off.html

"Kick-off times are not confirmed until the beginning of each week, when the details are published on this page. However, these are liable to change at short notice and we strongly recommend you check with the club if you are hoping to attend a match.

As a rule, all Spanish first division matches are played on Sunday evenings, with kick-off time around 7.30 p.m. in summer and 5.00 p.m. or 6.00 p.m. from autumn onwards."