We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decathlon Sports Store near Malaga Airport

Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Decathlon Sports Store near Malaga Airport

Hi all,

A friend of mine mentioned recently that theres a huge Decathlon Sports store near Malaga airport. Im into all kinds of sports so seemingly this is a place I should see.

Im just wondering, is it any good and how do I get there from where I collect the hire car in the airport?

Thanks!

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,767 posts
3,727 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decathlon Sports Store near Malaga Airport

Glic81:

Decathlon Sports is located in Plaza Mayor Shopping Center in Guadalmar:

decathlon.es/nettools/store/4809998/ES/mag/1…

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decathlon Sports Store near Malaga Airport

There also a Nike outlet store there too.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decathlon Sports Store near Malaga Airport

I thought Decathlon was by Worten, just across from IKEA, rather than in Plaza Mayor, but maybe that's my bad memory?

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
5,017 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decathlon Sports Store near Malaga Airport

I am afraid that you are all wrong (some only a little bit)

Decathlon is next door to Leroy Merlin which is a long way from Nike and the stores of Plaza Mayor though technically I think it has a Plaza mayor address. It's pretty complicated from the airport but here goes.

take the torremolinos road but at the first intersection past the airport come off and head for the A7. The intersection is signposted for Coin but you have two roundabouts to negotiate. As long as you follow the Torremolinos signs you should be OK. The road takes you over the railway (IKEA on your left) to the roundabout at the A7. Take the road for Malaga, in effect turning left. At the next intersection you have the Gualdamar turn off. take this and then take the last turn off before coming back up on to the A7 heading the other way. there are roadworks here at present so I can't be sure of the turn off number. Once you have done this it is impossible to miss Decathlon which is on your left.

There is another Decathlon in Fuengirola which is enormous but Kazz is the DE for Fuengirola and I'll leave it up to her to explain that one if you need it.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decathlon Sports Store near Malaga Airport

If you head for Fuengirola (as above post) you may as well go to the Myramar centre as there are at least 4 sport/sporting goods shops in there.

This may well be too far for you as I notice from a similar post you are staying in Nerja.

Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decathlon Sports Store near Malaga Airport

Found it! Thanks a lot for all your help. What a shop!!! :D

7. Re: Decathlon Sports Store near Malaga Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 16, 2011