We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Fuengirola to Malaga

England
7 posts
Save Topic
Train from Fuengirola to Malaga

Hello everyone. I am travelling to Fuengirola next week and plan to take the train from there to Malaga. Can anyone tell me where I leave the train so that I am near to the centre of Malaga ? Hope somebody can help.

Regards

Nobby

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Fuengirola to Malaga

The closest to the Malaga's downtown is the end of the line., I believe Remember when taking the train, you keep your ticket because you will need it to get out. The station is opposite the large El Corte Inglés or very near it. You will have to walk a few blocks to get to the center of the downtown, but the walk is very doable. When you get out, if you see El Corte Inglés, go in the opposite direction to the downtown which has pedestrian streets, Picasso museum, Alcazaba, the port, etc.

uk
Level Contributor
41 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Fuengirola to Malaga

YES, if you are going to Fuengirola, you just need to get on the branch line from there to Malaga - we are going next week (Wednesday) for one week, but have been twice before. Just get off at malaga Central (actually, do you mean airport) or other, as I think you are right. Sorry, have been by train once from the airport - think you should get off at Malaga City, but don't quote me!

England
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Fuengirola to Malaga

Thank you very much for your help. This is the first time I have used this service and to get replies so quickly is excellent. Once again, many thanks.

uk
Level Contributor
41 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Fuengirola to Malaga

Hi, Nobby, should just like to know why you are travelling from Fuengirola to Malaga and not vice versa, my husband and I, (aged 58 and 52) willl be staying in Ronda IV apartments on the front in Fuengirola, so if you would like to meet us, please e-mail me back and we can swap travel details!

England
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Fuengirola to Malaga

Hi Beth. My wife and I are travelling on 5th Nov for two weeks, and staying just outside Fuengirola. The reason for going by train from Fuengirola to Malaga is because I have driven into Malaga before but found it a nightmare so catching the train this time. We are similar ages to yourselves.

uk
Level Contributor
41 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Fuengirola to Malaga

Hello Nobby, I can understand that - drove to Wales a few weeks ago in my Daewoo and never been so frightened in my life! My husband normally does the driving, and he said that my knuckles were white on the steering wheel going down the M4, so never again! Didn't dare stop for a cigarette or anything - husband fed me apple juice through a straw! Looking forward to going on Wednesday, the Horseshoe Bar is really good. We have flight at 6.30am from Gatwick - son-in-law is taking us, where are you staying? Beth

England
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Fuengirola to Malaga

Hi Beth. We are staying just outside Fuengirola. We have a "Timeshare" or I should say "Holiday Ownership" place and going for 2 weeks. No problem in meeting up at Horseshoe Bar but you need to tell us where it is and when.

Cheers for now

Nobby

Wales
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from Fuengirola to Malaga

I stayed in Malaga in April and will be going again in two weeks time - can't wait. I used the branch line almost every day to go to the beaches - it's great. The only piece of advice I can give you when travelling to Malaga is to get off at the Centro-Alameda stop at the end of the line and not the Malaga Renfe which is about 20 mins away from the centre. Enjoy your hols!!

England
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Train from Fuengirola to Malaga

Thanks Myfanwe

England
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Train from Fuengirola to Malaga

Thanks Myfanwe