We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benalmadena to Marbella

Sheffield
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Benalmadena to Marbella

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from Benalmadena to Marbella for a day trip?

I dont think the train goes there.

Thanks!

Eastbourne, UK
Level Contributor
669 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Benalmadena to Marbella

I would have to say that the best way to go to Marbella for a day trip would be to hire a car - which bit of Marbella would you want to see for example? There are fantastic beaches and shops, a walk around the Old Town perhaps, or whilst in that general area, you really ought to visit Puerto Banus, just west of Marbella itself. Problem is that to do all of this would involve quite a lot of walking once there!

If confined to public transport however, you are correct in that the train doesn't go further west than Fuengirola. Bus services from Benalmadena to Marbella mainly involve a change at Fuengirola anyway, so it may be best to go by train from Arroyo de la Miel (Benalmadena) to Fuengirola, which costs pennies and services run every half hour, then get the bus from Fuengirola (the bus station is near the rail station) to Marbella. Once again the service is regular and very cheap (less than 3 Euros I think). The journey is just less than an hour.

Pori, Finland
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Benalmadena to Marbella

If u decide to take the bus from Fuengirola to Marbella, be sure to take the one that goes directly to Marbella. Some of the buses stop on every bus stop on the way and on crowded days the short ride can take 2 hours or more.

malaga spain
Level Contributor
561 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Benalmadena to Marbella

Hi Falcro,

you can catch the bus direct to Marbella from Benalmadena, there is one every hour, where about are you staying

amber

Sheffield
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Benalmadena to Marbella

Thanks eveyone!

Amber - I am staying in the Benal Beach Hotel but am willing to walk to sea front or marina if needed.

malaga spain
Level Contributor
561 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Benalmadena to Marbella

Hi Falcro,

you may have to walk to the 24hr square to get on the bus as they dont always stop at the other bus stops, ive also seen them pull into the stop by the los patos hotel,

The weathers great at the moment, its been really hot today, when are u coming over,

Sheffield
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Benalmadena to Marbella

Is the bus stop easy to find in the 24hr square?

That's great news about the weather - it's freezing here! I need some sun.

We're coming over a week today, really looking forward to it!

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Benalmadena to Marbella

Falco

Hope you have a great time. What do you mean by "its freezing here?". I live in West Sussex and today is 2nd October and its glorious. Playted a blinding game of golf today - weather was just right. Not too hot but the sun was out ... I love these conditions for playing in. Not cold but not too hold. To play in cropped trousers or shorts with a sleeveless collar type top is the best!!!!**** In fact so much so I played by best ever round.

Anyway - you must be off soon. Where are you staying?

We are off end of the moth for 8 days, playing golf and trying out who mixes the best sangria....

Staying in Benal Beach Benalmadena which is a first ever. We usually stay in Marbella or P Bunus but finances are e bit tight this year. Saving for a 14 day cruise next June for mybig birthday.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Benalmadena to Marbella

Sorry folfs about the bad spelling in the previous post. Daughter is on the desktop and the lap top is a nightmare when you are a touch typist.!!!!!

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Benalmadena to Marbella

Sorry folfs about the bad spelling in the previous post. Daughter is on the desktop and the lap top is a nightmare when you are a touch typist.!!!!!

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Benalmadena to Marbella

Falco

Just re read this thread. You are staying in Benal Beach. Can you report back on it when you return as I see you must be there at the mo.????