We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve in Malaga

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve in Malaga

Hello! A friend and I will be spending a week in malaga surrounding New Years. What we were hoping to do was just find a wine shop somewhere in town and spend the evening on the beach at out timeshare. Though we expect it to be too cold to swim, would there be issues with drinking on a beach (even if its owned by the resort?)? Are there any special events that happen yearly that might be another alternative to this plan? And are there any recommended wine shops in town (we're both students so inexpensive is the best reccomendation for us haha!) thanks so much for any advice/responses!

andy

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve in Malaga

Adracas:

Go to the El Corte Ingles supermarket, located at the basement of the store. You can then browse through their extensive wine selection.

I do not think there would be any objections if you drank at your resort. The Spanish are not strict on rules.

Many young people like to roam Calle Larios on New Year's Eve.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve in Malaga

If you stay in your resort on New Years Eve you will miss out on one of the best nights of the year here.

Join the Spanish at Midnight - as Benny says the Calle Larios area of Malaga centre is very popular but every locality has its own gathering place - to welcome 2008 with a traditional glass of Cava (Spanish Champagne) ans try to eat 12 grapes as the clocks strike 12.

You can get a drinkable bottle of Cava for less than €2 (just under US$3 at current rate) from any supermarket.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve in Malaga

In hindsight, many Resorts are situated outside town areas - most are an hour away from Malaga City around the Marbella area. Therefore taxi prices may be prohibitive to you joining in the local celebrations. DO have your Cava and Grapes though, even if just on the beach, for 12 months good luck. These may well be supplied by your Resort as part of a New Year package.

New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve in Malaga

i have the grapes on the list....i think the resort (sunset beach club) is at least near some of the development (benalmadena area)

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve in Malaga

Adracas,

Could you please review your Sunset Beach Club facility when you return? If you post it on the Malaga Hotels section, please advise us here. I am curious to see what you think of it...I haven't been there, but I have heard good things. Thank you in advance.

New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve in Malaga

absolutely! thanks for the advise!

7. Re: New Years Eve in Malaga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, September 09, 2009