We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Richest Man in Spain

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,674 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Topic
The Richest Man in Spain

The richest man in Spain is the owner of Zara.

Here is an article that explains his success story.

…cnn.com/BUSINESS/…

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,505 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Richest Man in Spain

According to FORBES business Magazine, he is the 23rd richest man on this earth. But seems so secretive. Like a recluse.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,674 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Richest Man in Spain

Mr. Ortega is reclusive probably because he is the richest man in Spain. He does not want his photograph to appear in any publication. I think this is for security, because he would be a likely candidate for a kidnapping. In the past, the richest men in Spain were kidnap targets. I would do the same thing if I were in his place. This is the same problem that Bill Gates has.

I think that none of us will give up our personal liberty and exchange places with him.

If you go to Calle Larios today, probably half of the businesses there are companies he owns. I went to Lisbon this past spring and went to their biggest shopping mall. The same thing. Half of the businesses were owned by his company.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Richest Man in Spain

Our daughters are Zara fans so it's fun to get an article like this. Benny, you cover all fronts and interests. Thank you!

4. Re: The Richest Man in Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:25 am, August 25, 2009