We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comes bus Malaga to Cadiz

sydney australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
6 reviews
Comes bus Malaga to Cadiz

I've found the bus I want, departs Malaga 7 am but where can I buy tickets? Last time I was in Malaga bus station I only saw ALSA ticket windows. Also, I have an iPad and maybe can book over the Internet but no way of printing the tickets.

Thanks in advance

11 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
24,233 posts
292 reviews
1. Re: Comes bus Malaga to Cadiz

I went to Malaga bus terminal and saw ALSA who were first in line as you walk through from the train station side. There are other ticket windows. Certainly, I would try PORTILLO window and they can advise. looking at the times on Cadiz based COMES bus operator (who run two of the 4 buses) I see that Portillo/Avanza run a bus leaving at 07.30 from Malaga (7am from Cadiz)

http://www.tgcomes.es/horarios_3.htm

This is PORTILLO ticket site

portillo.avanzabus.com/web/default.aspx…

Booking a ticket online for this route has always been flaky to say the least.

Many people prefer to use the trains for Malaga to Cadiz. For example a train at 07.40 leaves the Malaga train station Maria Zambrano and gets to DOS HERMANAS at 10.09 then a wait (in the buffet) to then take the Cadiz train at 10.58 and reach Cadiz at 12.26 for cost of about €30

But check this on RENFE.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Comes bus Malaga to Cadiz

Oh that's far better, will check it out, thanks soo much.

London, United...
Level Contributor
24,233 posts
292 reviews
3. Re: Comes bus Malaga to Cadiz

Viv

I did reply in April to your question. Have a great time in Spain.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187…

sydney australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Comes bus Malaga to Cadiz

Yes when I saw your reply, I remembered. But for some reason I failed to note those details originally and only had Comes Bus as the way to get there. Glad you're patient and helpful.

Vegby, Sweden
2 posts
5. Re: Comes bus Malaga to Cadiz

Hi Guys,

We are taking the bus from Malaga to Cadiz in August but cant seem to find the price for kids? We have two kids, 7 and 9.

I know the adult ticket is €28. Any info there?

Thanks,

Anders

London, United...
Level Contributor
24,233 posts
292 reviews
6. Re: Comes bus Malaga to Cadiz

The online service for this route is appalling. The only way to find out is to buy at the bus station I believe. I hope I am wrong about this but they do not appear to be able to help online. Or maybe it's just me.

I know ALSA do offer a discount (think 30% ) in your case but don't handle the route.

You could always email the bus operator.

scotland
Level Contributor
21,095 posts
366 reviews
7. Re: Comes bus Malaga to Cadiz

As far as I know no child discounts are available for that age group ... its under 4-5 I think

Vegby, Sweden
2 posts
8. Re: Comes bus Malaga to Cadiz

Thanks,

Just emailed the operator and it was confirmed that cost is €28 per person to take the bus from Malaga-Cadiz one way.

So round trip for our family will land at €226 or so. Tickets are bought on the bus or at the station.

FYI for others looking, comparing this to the train, which will be about €160 round trip, or car rental including gas and parking for 5 days which will be about €210.

Edited: 5:58 am, August 01, 2018
London, United...
Level Contributor
24,233 posts
292 reviews
9. Re: Comes bus Malaga to Cadiz

That's interesting. I usually prefer the train with a change at Dos Hermanas but it does take a while !! Like 4 hours.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Comes bus Malaga to Cadiz

FYI - the buffet at Dos Hermanas was closed the Saturday morning we did this train trip

Reply to: Comes bus Malaga to Cadiz
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted