We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Estepona the most beautiful town in Spain?

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
570 reviews
Save Topic
Is Estepona the most beautiful town in Spain?

Well, I think so, and so will you when you have looked at the photos!

* The beautiful Old Town: tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

* The marina: tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

* The paseo maritimo seafront promenade: tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

* The Plaza de las Flores square :http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g187437-d5313361-r193880120-Plaza_de_las_Flores_de_Estepona-Estepona_Costa_del_Sol_Province_of_Malaga_Andalu.html#REVIEWS

So how about voting for it here in this competition?

:-)

…20minutos.es/lista/…

Edited: 10:34 am, March 12, 2014
Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
570 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Estepona the most beautiful town in Spain?

Well, I think so, and so will you when you have looked at the photos!

* The beautiful Old Town: tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

* The marina: tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

* The paseo maritimo seafront promenade: tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

* The Plaza de las Flores square :

tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

So how about voting for it here in this competition?

…20minutos.es/lista/…

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,118 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Estepona the most beautiful town in Spain?

No, it is not.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Estepona the most beautiful town in Spain?

No, not while my beloved Olvera is no. 80 on the voting sheet. My friend lives in Estepona and compared to others on the list (much as I like her house) the town would not feature in my top anything list.

Lindsay

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Estepona the most beautiful town in Spain?

These voting things have no value whatsoever, you just get people voting over and over for their favourite.

The same happened not so long ago with beaches and the top selected one's were quite frankly "horrible" - dark sand or shingle with a depressing outlook - I've seen and been on much nicer beaches!!

Estepona is an "OK" town in my eyes but I'm sure there will be many that deserve to be in the top 20 more.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Estepona the most beautiful town in Spain?

This poll seems to be slightly different in that once you have cast your vote, if you go back into the link you cannot vote again. I have, of course, passed the link on to all the Olveraños of my acquaintance.

Lindsay

Edited: 12:53 pm, March 12, 2014
Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
570 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Estepona the most beautiful town in Spain?

Well, that's got people talking!

Yes, these surveys are nonsensical; they are not giving the true answer (and is there anyway a true answer? Who can judge?), but only the number of supporters that you can rally round.

Yes, you can only vote once, as Campsie has rightly pointed out, and have to have a fb account to post that one vote. So it's not QUITE as bad as it could be.

So, Olivera is another contender. Where else do you reckon? It can't be Sevilla, myscreen, as that isn't a "pueblo" - it's much too big.

I still think it's Estepona - they have put so much work into it over the last couple of years, it's just staggeringly beautiful in the Old Town.

Mind you, Ubeda is pretty good too . . . am I having second thoughts?

Nah, Estepona it is!

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Estepona the most beautiful town in Spain?

How in the world is "pueblo" defined? Jerez de la Frontera is on the list. It's the largest city in the province of Cadiz with over 200,000 residents!

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
570 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Estepona the most beautiful town in Spain?

Obviously not defined very scientifically!

That's a really good point, Cathy.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,583 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Estepona the most beautiful town in Spain?

I love Estepona but its not the most beautiful town in Spain! Anyway, beauty is very subjective, I also love Ronda and Istan - 2 very different places and I've been to lots of lovely little places from Nerja to Algeciras, some I would say are pretty (Frigliana) others are great places but a bit urban (Sitio de Calahonda) and certainly not pretty!

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
570 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Estepona the most beautiful town in Spain?

Oh yes, Ceejayblue, I agree that Ronda is marvellous, such a wonderful setting. Our family lived there 50 years ago, for health reasons, sent up to the mountains to get out of the damp and pollution of Algeciras.

Frigiliana too is lovely, and Nerja, but not in the same category as Estepona now. It's now two years since they started a complete make-over of the Old town - have you seen it recently? The streets re-paved, cars banned, flowerpots every 5 feet along the walls, colour-coordinated for each street.

Oh, beautiful Estepona!

I used to think that Frigiliana, and Marbella, were prettier, but not any more.

And Algeciras, I'm afraid, is my most un-favourite place. Sorry! The Plaza Alta is the only nice bit really. . . my husband was born in a house on the Plaza Alta, all his family are "Especiales", Algeciras born, but even most of them prefer to live elsewhere now! Sotogrande, Marbella, Estepona.

But I knew when I started this that I wouldn't get a load of people agreeing with me, we all have a special place in our hearts.

And beautiful Estepona is in mine!