We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Casona Italian Restaurant, West Estepona at Km 145

Estepona, Spain
Level Contributor
534 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
La Casona Italian Restaurant, West Estepona at Km 145

This Restaurant appears to be closed at the moment.No sign of life for quite a number of days now,in and around this Restaurant.We want to Book for New Year's Eve if they are going to be open again. You ring the Contact Number from the Internet but nobody answers the phone.

Can anyone shed some light on the above issue

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: La Casona Italian Restaurant, West Estepona at Km 145

Hi Nigel

The last review on the site was in January of this year, so doesn't look promising i'm afraid. Combine that with your calls going unanswered and no sign of life then i doubt they'll be opening any time soon. Also, contained in the last review was mention of the staff being "cranky" and not wanting to hang about around closing time but keep to get out of there - not good for business however you look at it.

What a shame as judging by the other reviews the food was excellent.

Hope you find an alternative for NYE if this does appear to be a "no go" ..

CB

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,214 posts
3,584 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Casona Italian Restaurant, West Estepona at Km 145

nigel:

Because of the current economic crisis, many restaurants have closed permanently.

Oslo, Norway
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: La Casona Italian Restaurant, West Estepona at Km 145

I visited the restaurant around Cristmas time, then it was open. In February and April it was closed. I think it is very sad if this restaurant will close permanently. I do really hope La Casone will be back in business very soon.

Edited: 1:00 pm, April 26, 2013
Estepona, Spain
Level Contributor
534 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Casona Italian Restaurant, West Estepona at Km 145

Hi Linda

I think this Restaurant is closed for Good. It has not been open since January 2013. It is the sign of the times ,I am afraid. I saw the other day a notice on the fence saying " For Sale" so I think the Owner has definitely left. the area.

Regards

Oslo, Norway
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: La Casona Italian Restaurant, West Estepona at Km 145

Hi Nigel. Thank you for your fast answer. I saw the "se vende" notice on the fence too. So you are probably right. It's so sad with this economic crises in Spain. I do hope it will turn very soon.

Toronto, Ontario...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: La Casona Italian Restaurant, West Estepona at Km 145

does anyone have the phone number from the for sale sign.i'm a chef who might be willing to buy. i had the number but when i returned to Canada i could not find it.thanks for everyone help

Edited: 12:17 pm, August 20, 2013
Oslo, Norway
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: La Casona Italian Restaurant, West Estepona at Km 145

Maybe Nigel from Estepona can visit La Casona and find the telephone number. I'm in Norway at the moment and can't do it. If you do not get the number I can contact a person who has his office close to the restaurant. I'm sure he can help you. You can also find the restaurant at Facebook, maybe you can contact the owner there? I do really hope someone will bye La Casona, it's such a nice restaurant and I know that a lot of people miss it.

Estepona, Spain
Level Contributor
534 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Casona Italian Restaurant, West Estepona at Km 145

Hi Raymond

I have sent you a private message.

Nigel

9. Re: La Casona Italian Restaurant, West Estepona at Km 145

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 22, 2014