We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel tips

Which Estepona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Travel tips

We are booked to stay at Pierre Vacances Caledonia Resort,Urb Los Flamingos, 29680 Estepona, and now realise it is located outside the city. Is there a local bus service into the city and to the beaches?

Thank you.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,758 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel tips

Not sure about a local bus service, there are usually bus services along the main roads into Estepona. Have a look at the reviews on here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187437-d1177…

There are a couple of recent reviews but most are from last year or before although they may give some help, the ones I looked at do recommend car hire.

Bristol, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel tips

Thank you.

scotland, uk
Level Contributor
215 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel tips

This hotel is really isolated. I would say if you want to get about, you would need to hire a car. It is situated quite a distance uphill, inland from Amin bus route- unless hotel provide bus, there would be no way you could walk even to nearest bus stop.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
10 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel tips

There is a pretty good bus service running every 20 munites or so along the highway, but maybe your hotel is too far to walk. I would invest in a taxi, ask the hotel how much before and then confirm with the taxi driver and go into Estepona or San Pedro or whatever towns you like. Also a trip to Casares in the hills is a beautiful must see.

Very important to keep in mind siesta is very serious here (even some grocery stores close for a couple hours), so after 2 pm. generally all you can do is have a meal until 5, when everything opens again!

Relax and enjoy.

Bristol, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel tips

Thank you. Very helpful - especially about the siesta! I shall do my best to do nothing for 3 hours ...

bordeaux
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel tips

The city has no money to subsidise bus services. The only one running is along the main road from the hotels at the Cadiz end of town through Estepona and on toe Marbella, run by Portillo Buses with some rather clapped-out and often crowded buses. The place you mention is about 25 minutes walk from the sea, much longer if we are talking of kids carrying buckets and spades! The problem with taxis is often finding one to come back, so make sure you have a phone number!

Bristol, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel tips

Thank you, David.

Diane

8. Re: Travel tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, December 15, 2013