We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

Finland
Level Contributor
218 posts
347 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

Hello! We'll visit Estepona for few days in early August. Since we have two small children (<5 yrs), what good restaurants you would suggest - anything that opens in the evening a bit earlier?

How about best family-oriented beaches ? We have a car so we do not mind to drive a bit but the less, the better.

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

All of the beaches in or near Estepona are "family-oriented" with the one possible exception of the nearby naturist beach of Costa Natura. If you want to know more about the Costa Natura, you can start here: http://www.costanatura.es/

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

You do not need to travel in the car to go to a beach - there is 21km of beach in estepona! The best for kids is el christo - 5minute walk past the port. Where are you staying?

Finland
Level Contributor
218 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

Actually, out of the town in hotel Fuerte.

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

That hotel is in a pretty grim location, right on the main Málaga - Cádiz road. You will need a car to get anywhere.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

Hi jus

I would seriously advise u to reconsider accommodation unless you have already paid ? If you give us an idea of dates, budget, needs and duration of stay we can advise.

UK
Level Contributor
227 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

Oh dear!

scotland, uk
Level Contributor
225 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

Totally disagree. This hotel is ideal for a family holiday as right on beach. - plenty to keep the children occupied during the day. Huge rooms (apartment. Style) very well equipped. The fact you have car gives you options for eating out at night. Estepona port 5 mins in car, town about 7 mins. Sure the location is a little out of town, but with own transport it will not be a problem.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

That's good then. I think the problem is people can book these hotels as they are classed as 'estepona' but they are not really in Estepona. Parking in town is not always easy either, although there is the underground car park at the paseo.

Restaurant-wise I would recommend :

Lucia at the port for seafood and fish.

Bar Simonito on Calle San Lorenzo, again for fish and seafood, both these places always full of locals.

Mass madu on plaza doctor mena arce in the old town for modern tapas and people watching (also very reasonable prices).

Bangkok in the port, Chinese if you fancy a change.

The vines plaza almengual for more traditional starter/main/dessert style meals.

One thing I would bear in mind that although estepona is a very child-friendly place, not all restaurants have high chairs.

Hope this helps.

Estepona...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

Mr Wok is a buffet style Chinese, lovely bright colours, all you can eat, on the road out of Estepona town towards Marbella. I take my sons there all the time.

You can find the restaurant next door to McDonalds in Avenida Litoral in Estepona, off the N340 coming from Marbella to Cadiz. Language spoken is English.

Also in Estepona town itself all restaurants are child friendly all day and all night. I like Cafe Ole, a new pizzeria on the beach front in central Estepona town, is lovely and they speak fluent English because the owner is Canadian. It is right after the first main roundabout in the centre of town with the horse sculptures, parking opposite in the underground car park.

We also eat a lot at the Plaza De Las Flores, in Estepona itself at Vitin cafe (closed on Wednesdays) who do great kids stuff and have amazing ice cream selections, and have highchairs. Some staff speak English.

andalucia.com/estepona/plazadelosflores.htm

Main thing is don't get embarrassed about your kids in restaurants. It's Spain, everyone takes the children out with them until one in the morning, because dinner is at ten, so it's normal to have dinner with the children hollering and crying, playing about in the street nearby. You will probably find your children are wonderfully behaved and enjoy the novelty of being out late.

Finland
Level Contributor
218 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good restaurants and beaches in Estepona?

Well, we found Hotel Fuerte outside Estepone excellent for children, especially the pools and breakfast. However, a bit noisy in the evenings. Obviously, one needs a car. Too many jellyfish in the sea this August. We found also a couple of good places to eat in Puerto Estepona, one just below the faro (beacon) and another by the main pedestrian zone.