We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Robin Hood still in business?

Which Estepona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spain
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Robin Hood still in business?

The Robin Hood at El Saladillo looks very closed. Had done for some weeks now. And no notification on the door of what's happening. Does anybody know if it has closed or, if not, when it will reopen. Many thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
224 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Robin Hood still in business?

Why should it be a coincidence, everybody who joins TA has to start somewhere.

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Robin Hood still in business?

Chippo, I agree that people have to start somewhere. However, this was not his first contribution to TA.

If you check his profile you will see that that particular poster´s last TA contribution was over 6 years ago (April 2006) when he posted 2 reviews about New York. Since then, nothing.

I somehow think this is too much of a coincidence.

Edited: 1:44 pm, July 21, 2012
Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Robin Hood still in business?

I don't have time to be on trip advisor posting comments and was only making an observation about my experience here. I have been coming down to this area for over twenty years and as it was my first time in the new Robin Hood and am at leisure to comment, I was trying to say that they are doing a good job and imply nothing else.

I don't understand what you mean by coincidence as I have nothing to do with the management of the Robin Hood if that was your implication.

Edited: 7:41 am, July 22, 2012
Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Robin Hood still in business?

"I don't have time to be on trip advisor posting comments"

And yet you found time to post on this thread.

"I have been coming down to this area for over twenty years"

Your profile says "Estepona".

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,845 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Robin Hood still in business?

Tony, whilst I am sometimes a bit cynical about first time posters (especially where there is a thread with complaints about villas or car hire companies) I do think that you are being too critical of thorleylebens.

Although people often use their first post to ask a question about an area they are visiting for the first time, there are people who like Thorleylebens who probably look at all the forums at some point or another but don't feel the need to post on every thread (unlike some of us ;) and just because he posted a long time ago about another place he visited doesn't preclude him from posting on other forums where he has visited a place more than once.

Also, what's wrong with his comment about coming to the area for over twenty years and his profile saying "Estepona"? This thread is on the Estepona forum! Plus for you to say "and yet you found time to post on this thread" is ridiculous when all he was doing was confirming that the Robin Hood was open and he had good service there and his second post was responding to your criticism of him. There was another first post at #17 and you didn't pick on that one,

This is a forum for everyone to share their views and advice and as I say I can sometimes be cynical about certain first timers but I do try not to make them feel unwelcome on the forum - as we all had to post for the first time once!

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Robin Hood still in business?

Ceejayblue, I was not being "being too critical of" this latecomer to this thread. In fact, I was not being at all critical. However, it was such a glowing report, and bearing in mind that the thread had been moribund for over a week, that I expressed my suspicions about it being too much of a coincidence. I stand by that.

As for his point about someone in the bar giving him a €10 note back, words fail me other than what I said at the time. It is something that I would take for granted, not something to mentioned on here as part of a recommendation.

Yes, there was another first post at #17 and if it had been expressed in such glowing terms, I (and I think others) would have smelled a rat. But it was not. And the last time time that someone had posted on this thread was the day before.

Yes, there was another first post at #17 and if it had been expressed in such glowing terms, I (and I think others) would have smelled a rat. But it was not.

If all he had been doing was "confirming that the Robin Hood was open and he had good service there", I would have taken it at face value. But he did not. He went much further.

Yes, his profile says "Estepona" and usually people say where they live, not where they go on holiday. Like you do, in fact.

Pax?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,845 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Robin Hood still in business?

Pax? Of course! I will say however, that there are some people who don't put their home town/country but they do put where their heart lies! ;)

Edited: 1:22 pm, July 22, 2012
Florida
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Robin Hood still in business?

Now open but I really wouldn't bother with it. Rubbish service and head chef that can't even poach an egg!!! Eaten there twice (always wiling to give a second chance)......never again. Staff can't handle complaints......Poor

Great Bentley
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Robin Hood still in business?

It has re-opened under new management. Been refurbished and now has glass curtains and so has a larger inside area. Lovely ambience. Saxophonist on Fridays - very entertaining.

Large TV for Sports. Pool tables etc downstairs

Only been in for drinks but been told the food is good so we have booked for Christmas dinner.

30. Re: Robin Hood still in business?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, December 13, 2013