We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Car Rental Company - Malaga airport, Spain

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Top Car Rental Company - Malaga airport, Spain

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone can tell me they have used this car hire company. We are looking to hire a car in July from Malaga airport and this company have the best price with a great insurance policy that covers everything!!! I'm probably just being a little paranoid but wondered if anyone who has rented from them could give my assurance. Thanks a mil.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,281 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Top Car Rental Company - Malaga airport, Spain

Sounds Ok to me, from the point of view that I've paid £39 for similar insurance in the UK. Its unusual to see a Spanish company offering it. Auto-europe offered free cover to us when we used them in 2011 but not seen it elsewhere.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,218 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Top Car Rental Company - Malaga airport, Spain

http://www.carhireexcess.com/ £1.99 per day for the same cover, but you would need to leave CC swipe for the deposit. Balance the risk for your self. You claim any deposit retention from the UK insurer in full.

33. Re: Top Car Rental Company - Malaga airport, Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, July 18, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Top Car Rental Company - Malaga airport, Spain

Lewis H

I also booked a car with rentalcars.com but when email came through the supplier was interrent which I decided to google. Let's just say they featured a lot of bad press so I googled rentalcars.com and was even more disheartened.

I've now decided to forfeit my £25 deposit and cancel as from what I read I may end up with a large hole in my bank balance if I go ahead! Looks like Hertz/Avis for me:/

nottingham
Level Contributor
9 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Top Car Rental Company - Malaga airport, Spain

Top Cars rock ,nothing to beat them

used them many times

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
36. Re: Top Car Rental Company - Malaga airport, Spain

Just used top cars malaga August 2013

Very good company , good quality cars at competive prices, and they do return car with same fuel, policy so no rip off fuel charges, and very helpful staff.

Denish

London

37. Re: Top Car Rental Company - Malaga airport, Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, September 19, 2013
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Top Car Rental Company - Malaga airport, Spain

We have just completed a 10 day car hire via Top Cars, Malaga and were very happy with the whole experience. The initial booking was done by email and I didn't have to pay a deposit. Our flight arrived late (23.30) but this wasn't a problem and there was no additional out of hours fee. As instructed we phoned their office when we had arrived and within a few minutes a minibus had arrived to pick us up. We were taken to their office outside the airport and located within SP Parking (they answered the phone as SP Parking which had me confused initially). The paperwork was all ready for us so the whole process was very efficient. Our car was bigger than the size we had booked (free upgrade) which wasn't a problem for my husband although if you really want a small car for navigating narrow city streets it may be best to stress this when booking.

As others have mentioned, you simply return the car with the same amount of fuel as when you picked it up so there is no fuel rip-off. We paid for the top insurance which covered everything for full peace of mind.

The paperwork included a local map of where to return the car but I found additional directions on the SP parking website and we had no trouble finding it. They checked the fuel, but that was all (due to insurance cover) and there was a driver ready to take us to the airport, so all in all a very easy and stress-free experience and I would definitely use them again.

If you arrive late or have an early flight we can recommend staying at Hotel Malaga Picasso which is sign-posted from just outside SP Parking and located about 3-5 minutes away.

Level Contributor
2 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Top Car Rental Company - Malaga airport, Spain

Hi, I used Top Cars at Malaga airport last week and couldn't recommend them more highly - we rented an Astra Estate for one week at a cash cost of 125 Euros. It would have been 139 Euros for a credit card payment. The real selling point is the high standard of insurance that's included - everything is covered and there's no excess. When I asked to inspect the car for an faults or damage before paying, the manager Nacho said, you don't need to, everything's covered. For me, that was the perfect reply, and it meant I didn't need to spend the next week worrying about every little dent or knock I might pick up along the way. The car was relatively new, in good condition and we had no problems whatsoever. On fuel, that's simple too, just bring it back with whatever's in it when you start - none of the usual pre-pay cons offered by the large companies. It's an airport pick-up service, which was right on time both ways for us, and the distance from the terminal is very short. The area looks a little run-down, but don't let that worry you, as the car hire is cheap, simple and straightforward, with no of the worries that often come with airport car hire. 5* recommended!

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Top Car Rental Company - Malaga airport, Spain

topcars:

waited for us at the airport

Used my GPS and saved their location (thanks for the tip here)

I could pay cash (was even cheaper).

You get your car (top-service) and you dont look at anything..

Drive around... fill up your tank to the same amount..

Brought the car back in... they just checked the tank...

I got in the bus and was at the airport... Total amount of minutes spent bringing the car in + getting to the ariport.. 13mins.

Will use them again next time...