We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Fuengirola or La Carihuela?

Which Costa del Sol hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
100 posts
55 reviews
Fuengirola or La Carihuela?

Hi Guys,

I am between two hotels and two resorts. There are 5 of us going away in early June including my grandfather who is in his eighties. I am between Las Rampas in Fuengirola and Cabello in La Carihuela. My grandfather's mobility is fine but he would find the walk along the beachfront from La Carihuela to Torremolinos tough so we would be relying on taxis I think.

I have stayed in Cabello before so I know the pros and I know the area but I came across Las Rampas and thought it looked nice plus it close to the train station for airport transfers and for going on day trips. There is also a big advantage for us in the fact that thre is a small pool there.

Las Rampas is a little more expensive though and I am a little worried that there will be too much of a young, party atmosphere in the area? I know nothing about Fuengirola so I dont know what to expect. Is it far more lively and far less pretty than La Carihuela and Is it family oriented or will it be groups of younger people?I suppose Im just looking for the opinion of someone who knows both areas and maybe both hotels so you could help compare and contrast.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated because I have to maake the decision soon and book!

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
11. Re: Fuengirola or La Carihuela?

To be honest if it's June it is going to start to get busy so if the pool is only small you may find it a little crowded anyway :(

Have you thought about hiring a mobility scooter over there as they are very reasonable and will make things a lot easier if you decided to wander round the headland for eats etc....

CB

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
100 posts
55 reviews
12. Re: Fuengirola or La Carihuela?

While I see a lot of people zipping around on these and they look so great - its not my grandfathers style if you know what i mean. He would be embarrased and would rather make the walk!

Edited: 11:29 am, February 23, 2013
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
13. Re: Fuengirola or La Carihuela?

Ahhh ok.. pride over practicality, my parents are exactly the same lol !! Mind you, i was talking to a friend about these and i wouldn't care a fig, i would have great fun being the OAP from hell running everyone over with a bottle of Absolut in the front basket and being fed by a drip haha!! ;-)

Of course i am joking :p

CB

14. Re: Fuengirola or La Carihuela?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 25, 2014