We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying near Chiclana de la frontera- Questions

Which Chiclana de la Frontera hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Staying near Chiclana de la frontera- Questions

We finally decided to rent at the end of june a villa for 10 days near Chiclana de la Frontera, more precisely in the Liano de La Maravillas sector ( Thank you Cadiz lover for your help). The villa is approximitly 10 minutes by car from Barossa beach or Conil de la Frontera . I think that El Colorado is about 5 minutes.

We are 6 adults and would really appreciated suggestions for a great food and fish market in the area. Also any restaurants or tapas to recommend in the area. Each couple as a car so we can get to any place pretty easy.

Buenos diaz

Steve

Chiclana
Level Contributor
11 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Staying near Chiclana de la frontera- Questions

I came across this forum completely by accident looking for directions to send to my clients who are renting a villa I manage in Pago del Humo. We have lived in Pago del Humo for eight years and love it. Okay it is not so near the beach as Novo but I think this is an advantage. You can get to the beach in 10 to 15 minutes (allow 15 in August due to the traffic) but you can also get away from the noise and crowds. Pago is in the campo hence it is much quieter and you can participate in being part of the "real Spain" rather than the tourist area. For example at the bottom of our road we have two goats with their kids, behind us we have a donkey and chickens. However Pago del Humo also has loads of amenities. Some of the best ventas in Chiclana, a pharmacy and a local shop. One of the ventas during the summer puts on entertainment in the form of Flamenco and Sevillana. You also won´t be paying the prices of the beach area. Our local venta hasn´t put up his prices in the eight years we have been here. If you want any more information, please let me know.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,763 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Staying near Chiclana de la frontera- Questions

Hi Ziggyblue, if you have read this long thread you will realise that I am renting in Pago this year for the first time. We have previously rented close to town, and in different properties in Novo Sancti Petri so are quite familiar with the area (except for Pago that is). I ran through Pago last year with the car after making a trip to Los Naveros to look at the outside of a little house which was for sale. Unfortunately we can't afford it just now but you never know what the next year or so will bring (a lottery win perhaps).

We will certainly try out your local ventas and the entertainment idea sounds great. If you can tell me the names of the ones you would recommend and also which one has entertainment (will it be on early July) I would be much obliged. If the food is as good as along at Venta El Colorado we will be well pleased. We arrive 3rd July and stay until 17th July when my husband has to come home and the kids and I move up to Olvera until July 30th. Perhaps you are even the agent for the villa we are renting, our agent last year also lives in Pago (Karen Miles), may be you know her. In fact the apartment which we rented last year is up for sale and although it is a safe lock up and go it is not quite what I want. Saludos. Lindsay

Chiclana
Level Contributor
11 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Staying near Chiclana de la frontera- Questions

Venta Florentina is our local so cheap and consistently good. Venta Cazadores is a small tapas place, extremely basic, i.e. in the UK you would say it would have sawdust on the floors but the food is excellent. Again cheap and plentiful. The large prawns are to die for as is the pavia (fish in batter). Venta Blas or known locally as Sorpressa is where the entertainment is. A bit pricier than the other two but very popular. I suspect he will have started the entertainment by July but who knows. Last year he even had coaches coming up from Barossa for it and it is free. Don´t know Karen - whereabout is the villa? Take a look at owners direct S12785 this is the one I manage.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,763 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Staying near Chiclana de la frontera- Questions

Hi, thanks for the information on the ventas. I like to keep notes all to hand when we are travelling because there is nothing worse than thinking to yourself "I got a recommendation but which place was it". The villa you manage looks very nice. We will be renting S6742 on owners direct. Although it is still a while until the beginning of July I am starting to look forward to my holiday very much. Bye for now. Lindsay

Chiclana
Level Contributor
11 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Staying near Chiclana de la frontera- Questions

I know it, saw it being built. It´s a nice villa with open views.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,763 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Staying near Chiclana de la frontera- Questions

That's good news. It certainly looks lovely in the pictures but it is nice to know that someone who has seen it is of the same opinion. 98 days and counting. This will come down quick enough. My youngest is training to be a deck officer in the merchant navy and he left to join his ship in Wilmington, Delaware at the beginning of November, he will be home 21 days today. We started a countdown at 120 days. Unfortunately he will be back at sea over the summer and won't be able to come this time.

Lindsay

Chiclana
Level Contributor
11 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Staying near Chiclana de la frontera- Questions

Shame you are not coming end of July as the Tall Ships Race comes in to Cadiz between 26th and 29th July. Saw it in 2006. Magnificent spectacular in my favourite city.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,763 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Staying near Chiclana de la frontera- Questions

Hi Ziggyblue, I will be up in Olvera until 30th July and will have a car so we could always come over to Cadiz city for the tall ships. I must check out park and ride facilities, it might be better to get the RENFE train into Cadiz and leave the car further out if it is going to be very very busy.

19. Re: Staying near Chiclana de la frontera- Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 pm, June 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Chiclana de la Frontera