We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing lessons Southern Spain

Which Cadiz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Surfing lessons Southern Spain

Hi

Planning a holiday to Andalusia, hoping to try my hand at surfing. Have found a couple of surf schools but can't seem to find reviews, if anyone has been to Oceano or El Palmar surf schools your reviews would be really appreciated! I am an early 30's single English speaking traveller.

Any contributions much appreciated! xx

Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
69 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing lessons Southern Spain

I've been by the El Palmar school - set up in a little shack. The beach there is great and it's known for its waves.

Tarifa is another place you can learn to surf.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,660 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing lessons Southern Spain

Conil as a base seems to me a good choice. Did you look at : http://www.facebook.com/oceano.surf.camps

I read that in July they did some surfing at La Caleta bay in Cadiz - one of my favourite spots.

no surfer me :-(

Andy Bottomley is the Brit who has lived in Conil for years.

London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfing lessons Southern Spain

Thanks guys! xx

Conil de la...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Surfing lessons Southern Spain

Thanks for your recommendation. We go to La Caleta in Cadiz for our Canoe routes around the old city walls in Cadiz. All of our surfing lessons in the Summer are held on the beaches of Conil. Oceano Surf School has now got ASI Academy of Surfing Instructors Accredited Surf School.

Oceano Surf School is a great place to learn to surf.

5. Re: Surfing lessons Southern Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:45 pm, December 16, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Surfing lessons Southern Spain

Can anyone advise on whether 35 yr old female solo traveller beginner surfing would be better in Trafalgar surf in conil de la Frontera or Red Star Surf in Lanzarote in April. Never surfed before, a bit worried about getting cold in the cold water.

7. Re: Surfing lessons Southern Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 30, 2014