We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cordoba in one day

Which Cordoba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Cordoba in one day

We are making a day trip to Cordoba from Seville on Sept. 16th. I heard the best time is to go in May when everything is flowering. Will it be flowering at all in September? What can we really have time to see in a few hours.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,655 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cordoba in one day

Train journey time Seville to Cordoba is 45 minutes www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Outside Cordoba train station take the local bus or a taxi to the old town and The Mezquita.

Spring or Autumn Cordoba is beautiful www.andalucia.com/cities/cordoba.htm

www.catedraldecordoba.es/visita/index.html

Edited: 1:34 am, May 13, 2014
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cordoba in one day

Thanks for responding. I am glad that its pretty in autumn as well. Look forward to visiting.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cordoba in one day

Travelor:

You can see the Mezquita and the Alcazar. I especially like to see the Alcazar gardens, which are amazing to see.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cordoba in one day

Will the gardens have flowers blooming in September

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
5,877 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cordoba in one day

Yes.

Los Gatos, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cordoba in one day

Never enough time to see all there is to see in Cordoba. The Mesquite is a must. The Parador is phenomenal but far away for walking around town. I would recommend staying closer to the Mesquite if possible.

If you are only there for one day, stay closer to town. If you are there for several days, go to the Parador.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cordoba in one day

Thanks for the advice.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cordoba in one day

We were in Cordoba mid September last year, and the gardens in the Alcazar were in flower and just beautiful. And, absolutely, don't miss the Mezquita.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cordoba in one day

Its great to know that because we will be going mid September as well. My husband is reluctant to go to Cordoba because we will be in Seville and he thinks it will be about the same as things we see in Seville. Any response to that so I can tell my husband. There are 6 of us so he is wondering if the extra cost is worth going to see Cordoba for the day. I personally want to go.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cordoba in one day

We did think it was worth the run up to Cordoba. We were staying in Seville and then took the train up. Its different to Seville, slightly cooler, which was nice. The Mezquita was like nothing I have ever seen anywhere, just amazing, and the gardens of the Alcazar were very different to what you see in Seville. The gardens at the Alcazar in Seville were lovely, but nothing like the ones in Cordoba. Cordoba has a different feel to Seville, can't put my finger on it, Granada was different again. I will say, that by going up to Cordoba, there were things we missed in Seville, but that will always be the case unless you have the time to linger in a place. there were a few other interesting things in Cordoba that we didn't get to see either, worth googling what there is and see what interests you. Although if you are going to Granada the gardens at the Alhambra are amazing too, so you might just go to one or the other.