We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cordoba in May

Which Cordoba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Cordoba in May

Hi, I'm hoping that this is the year that I will finally get to Cordoba! I'm looking at flights in May getting to Malaga on a Friday evening and I will have 5 nights. I'm thinking 1 night in Malaga as arrive fairly late, then am thinking of spending 2 nights in Cordoba, 1 night in Granada and 2 nights in Ronda (because it looks so peaceful). I want to enjoy the patios but have also just read about the Cordoba Fair and fireworks (will patios still be open - will there be flamenco?. Any idea what would be the best days of the week / dates for my visit and how best to allocate my time and how to move between locations. Would prefer public transport but will hire a car if necessary. Any help the TA community can offer would be most appreciated. I would like to book fairly quickly while flights are still in the realms of affordability. Thanks so much :-)

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cordoba in May

Ah, so pleased you have decided to go, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time and yes, I think it is best to anticipate the festival dates as they don't get confirmed until much closer to the time. We rented 'Atico Terraza Mezquita Cordoba' from a wonderful host called Tomas who gave us so much information on Cordoba. We exchanged emails for months in advance and it made me wish I had booked longer there. You will be happy to be spending three nights there as you can find plenty to do.

The apartment itself was a small studio, comfortable bed, storage space, sitting area, kitchen and bathroom with shower and bath and a fabulous patio overlooking a tower with views towards the mosque cathedral. It was a safe, peaceful, perfect place to retreat to at the end of each day. I'm almost loathed to post details here as when the secret gets out it might not be available for when we want to return!

If you do visit Ronda, consider the Parador with a room overlooking the gorge. the views are breathtaking. We took the train between Malaga (which is also worth a look for the old town) Ronda, Granada, Cordoba and back to Malaga, we booked tickets in advance through RENFE and found it a good way to travel as parking would have been an issue in every place we stayed. It was much cheaper to book separate tickets than to buy a pass.

Are you considering Granada on this trip? We rented 'The Kiva of Carmen de Vista Alegre' from Maria again through Airbnb and I can't imagine a more perfect way for us to have taken our trip. The views alone from the little terrace were magic and the apartment was cool, spacious and so beautiful.

Everyone will tell you if you do go to book your Alhambra tickets in advance and to give yourself plenty of time to get to the Nasrid Palace. We booked daytime and evening tickets to be sure to fit everything in and to get a different view. In reality the daytime ticket gave us plenty of time and it was a fabulous thing to do, though for a completely different and more relaxed experience, a daytime stroll through Sacromonte takes some beating for stunning views over to the Alhambra and a gateway to the countryside. We found a local bar where flamenco artists hung out and went to the cave museum, both magical experiences.

Anyway, hope I've given you some ideas. Enjoy planning your trip.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
485 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cordoba in May

Thank you for such great information! It's so helpful. We are certainly going to Granada, and I will definitely look into the Airbnb you recommend.

As I'm still a year away, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions in the future, but you've given me a lot of wonderful suggestions & ideas. Thank you!

Paule

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
876 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cordoba in May

Smodge, thanks for your posting. The apartments look great too.

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cordoba in May

It's a pleasure, happy planning both :-)

15. Re: Cordoba in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 12, 2015