We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cordoba patios outside festival time

Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Cordoba patios outside festival time

Hi

We are going to be in Cordoba in early September. I know it is outside the festival time but was wondering whether patios are open at other times of the year and whether they are worth seeing in September?

Thank you

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,341 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cordoba patios outside festival time

Zebra:

I went last month to Cordoba. Many buildings have their front doors open and you can peep into their beautiful patios, which are separated with an iron grill from the lobby. You can also see the Viana Palace, which has 12 beautiful patios. There is a guided tour of the inside of the palace. This is one of the largest private palaces that one can see in Spain, with very valuable art and many collections. A visit to this palace may be one of the most memorable visits you can make in Cordoba.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187430-c115481/Cordo…

Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cordoba patios outside festival time

Thanks Benny. That's definitely going on the itinerary!

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cordoba patios outside festival time

Hi Zebra! The 'Amigos de los Patios' association headquarters, located at 50, San Basilio st (Alcazar surroundings) can be visited all year round for free.

amigosdelospatioscordobeses.es/la-asociacion…

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,341 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cordoba patios outside festival time

ati:

Thank you for your reference about patios. There are several videos and this is a very good one, with Andalusian music:

http://www.amigosdelospatioscordobeses.es/videos-patios-de-córdoba/video/reportaje-ptv-patios-cordobeses-edicion-2012.html

Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cordoba patios outside festival time

Thanks everyone

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,390 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cordoba patios outside festival time

We were in Cordoba briefly in May and were totally unaware of the patio tradition here -- and yet were still struck by the beauty of the patios. We could see many just as we passed by.

I snapped a few that are in my post on the Mezquita -- had I been aware they were famous, I would have done a better job tracking them down and taking pictures. There are a few glimpses near the end of my post:

…wordpress.com/2013/…

7. Re: Cordoba patios outside festival time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 10, 2014