We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Train Station to Cathedral (Mezquita)

Phoenix
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
Getting from Train Station to Cathedral (Mezquita)

We are taking the train from Seville to Cordoba. The posts here say to take Bus #3 to the San Fernando stop to get to the Cathedral. Just wondering how long of a ride it is and if it's just easier to take a taxi or walk. We don't speak Spanish so I'm looking for the easiest way. Also, how much is the bus and how much should a taxi be? Is a taxi easy enough to catch in the area around the Cathedral and Alcazar for our return?

Thanks so much.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,790 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Train Station to Cathedral (Mezquita)

It is downhill and quite a pleasant walk taking under 30 minutes. Have a look at Google Maps:

http://goo.gl/maps/ASzI2

I have normally walked down and taken a taxi back. But am sure there is a bus. A taxi will not be more than a few Euros. I find taxis are easy to find in busy touristy places.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Train Station to Cathedral (Mezquita)

I agree about walking to the Mezquita - unless you're in a time crunch or the weather isn't good. . You won't have trouble finding a taxi back either.

I tried taking the bus from the train/bus station into town earlier this month and it was confusing. I asked the person at the information in the bus station where the stop was for bus # 3 to go into town. He told me it was just in front of the station. I waited for 20 minutes and so and when the bus arrived the driver pointed to another stop about 2 blocks away. Same bus # so the bus must go in a circular route. Anyways after this I decided it wasn't worth waiting (did I also mention it was pouring rain) and paid the 5 euro to take the taxi into town. I'm sure if I did it once (successfully) I'd do it again. But given the cost of the taxi was only 5 euro it wasn't worth the hassle of waiting for the bus.

Edited: 5:04 pm, April 29, 2013
Phoenix
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Train Station to Cathedral (Mezquita)

Thanks for the replies. I think walking to Cathedral and getting a taxi back is what I'll do.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,323 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Train Station to Cathedral (Mezquita)

I have walked from the train station to the Cathedral the last time I visited Cordoba. It is a pleasant walk by a park.

5. Re: Getting from Train Station to Cathedral (Mezquita)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 02, 2014