We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Important information about Patios Festival 2013

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Important information about Patios Festival 2013

From April 10th there will be an online booking system for the Patios visits. I will post more information as soon as it is published.

Jefferson City...
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Important information about Patios Festival 2013

We will be in Cordoba 11-13 May and are very much looking forward to the patios festival. We've looked at the website, but it's still somewhat confusing as to costs, routes, etc. We'll look forward to your updates.

Thanks!

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
914 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Important information about Patios Festival 2013

There's now a new information about Patios Festival. Info about tickets as follows:

To get your ticket, you just fill in a form online, stating which patios you want to see, and when. On each day, there are three sessions – morning 11am-2pm; evening 6-9pm; and night 9pm-12 midnight Friday and Saturday (6-10pm Sunday) – you can choose one, two or all three. At the same time as the late sessions you’ll also find live music and other performances, in the patios themselves and outside in plazas, where bars are set up and people dance. (On other days, Monday to Thursday, the opening hours are 11am-2pm and 6pm-10pm.)

For each session, you choose one of six areas: Regina-Magdalena, Santa Marina-San Andres, San Lorenzo-San Agustin, San Pedro-Santiago, Juderia and Alcazar Viejo, each of which has around ten patios to visit.

Question: which of these areas are nearby the town center or most convenient? We're in Cordoba as a day trip by train so I'd rather stay at the center of town. Can someone please suggest one of six areas? I'm thinking Juderia, any other suggestions? Thanks!

More info, please check this out:

Andalucia.com

May Patios NEW free ticket system http://blog.andalucia.com/?p=10542

Andalucia.com Blog » Blog Archive » Cordoba Patios Festival – new (free) weekend ticket system

blog.andalucia.com

This is one of the region’s most charming festivals, where flowers take centre stage. Music and dance, usually the protagonists of any Andalucian celebration, are featured, but the patios are all about appreciating nature – flowers in pots arrranged across walls, plants winding around staircases and...

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Important information about Patios Festival 2013

Hi Beenthere!

Thanks for taking the time of translating this new system to visit the 'Patios', recently designed by the Town Council and which has come out not without problems.

Just to add a very important thing: bookings are needed just in case you visit the patios at both weekends: Friday10th, Saturday 11th, Sunday 12th, Friday 17th, Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th.

For the rest of the days NO RESERVATION IS NEEDED.

Regarding the question: Good choice Juderia, and in terms of walking distance to the station, the second option could be Santa Marina-San Andrés.

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Important information about Patios Festival 2013

By the way, bookings can be done directly at the touristic information offices, too:

- Renfe-Ave station.

- Opposite the Alcázar.

- Tendillas sq.

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Important information about Patios Festival 2013

Location map here:

patios.cordoba.es/mapas/index/pag/planos

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
914 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Important information about Patios Festival 2013

You're welcome! I'm going on the weekend; I have already booked and received my ticket via email.

Looking forward to this exciting event!

Thanks for your input.

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Important information about Patios Festival 2013

Fresh news!!

As not everybody has access to the Internet, a web of 400 establishments (hotels, travel agencies, tourist guides, tobacco shops, transport companies, etc) all over Cordoba province will offer this booking service.

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Important information about Patios Festival 2013

Ati:

Is this the first year that you need a reservation ticket to visit the Patios?

I was there last year and don´t remember this.

Thank you very much

Jose

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
914 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Important information about Patios Festival 2013

This is very helpful! Thank you.

Where is the train station on the map?

Just in case we have time, perhaps we can swing by another location. Is Zona Alcazar Viejo too far south?

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Important information about Patios Festival 2013

Yes, Jose Antonio, it is.

Beenthere, a map of a route from the train station to the Alcazar Viejo:

www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5906732

Alcazar Viejo, is, in fact, how the 'Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos' was called by old Cordobeses.