We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Cordoba from Granada

Which Cordoba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pakistan
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Topic
How to get to Cordoba from Granada

Hi, I will be traveling from Granada to Cordoba on July 20 and plan to stay one night there before moving on to Seville. I checked on the Renfe website but cant find a train to take me to Cordoba from Granada. Any suggestions on the quickest way to go there?

Thanks

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,116 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Cordoba from Granada

Alsina Graells have a bus service, twice a day at 10:30 and 15:30, journey takes 2hrs 40 mins and cost €11.40.

See web site www.alsinagraells.es/cgi-bin/agsur/media.pl…

pakistan
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Cordoba from Granada

Thanks. One more question. Do you think its a better idea to go to Seville from Granada and then make a day trip to Cordoba, or go to Cordoba from Granada, spend a night there and then move on to Seville. From Seville, we plan to go to Albufeira in Portugal.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,212 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Cordoba from Granada

I think you will find that there are more than 2 buses every day during the week. According to my timetable, the first bus leaves from Granada bus station at 07.30 and arrives at Cordoba at 10.30 stopping at various towns. I think for the extra time, the 'direct' bus could make an interesting journey but I have never travelled on this route. please consult the timetables.

The train is a possibility but you have to change at Bobadilla and it would take longer.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
368 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Cordoba from Granada

I would suggest beginning in Granada, then take the bus that pavoreal mentioned to Cordoba. Its three hours on smaller curvy highways and very beautiful scenery typical of Andalucia, full of olive groves and small towns on hilltops. Its definatly worth the 11 euros and helps you save money so you can treat yourself to a nice dinner in Cordoba. Try the salmorejo!!

Then from Cordoba you could take the AVE high speed train to Seville which only takes 45 minutes and costs around 20 euros.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Level Contributor
322 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Cordoba from Granada

MrsHT, we did this trip almost two years ago. I agree with limoncilla, go to Granada, then take bus to Cordoba and last, take the AVE train to Sevilla. The Alsina Graells Sur bus is a great way and very easy to do from Granada to Cordoba, beautiful scenery and very relaxing. You'll love all three cities.

Baltimore,MD
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Cordoba from Granada

My wife and I are thinking about doing this 3 city tour in December. I assume you fly into Madrid and then train to Grenada?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,212 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Cordoba from Granada

NicksDaddy - you can do that but consider taking the fast AVE train down to Cordoba from Madrid. Then take the Alsina Graells bus to Granada, then you can take ether a bus or train (3 hours) over to Seville. From Seville it's an AVE back to Madrid. But there are permutations !

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to Cordoba from Granada

I have planned a trip with my children starting from Madrid, down to Granada then to Cordoba. First I wanted to ask, what is the best way to go from Madrid airport to Granada (we want to bypass Madrid)? Is a day trip from Cordoba to Seville possible? Does Seville need more than a day trip? Thank you.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,212 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get to Cordoba from Granada

The airport at Madrid (Barajas) is to the east of the city. If you take a taxi direct to the Madrid SUR bus station (at Calle Méndez Álvaro) you would avoid the centre taking the M30 road. You can also take the METRO but will need to change. The SUR Bus station website has plenty of information (in Spanish) : www.estaciondeautobuses.com -- There are buses down to Granada at regular intervals. Times are on the same site and also on www.continental-auto.es

You can also take a train but there ar only 2 per day I believe. www.renfe.es

From Cordoba to Seville you can take a fast train that takes under an hour.

10. Re: How to get to Cordoba from Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 25, 2009