We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage lockers at train station

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Luggage storage lockers at train station

My wife and I are planning a trip to Spain in September. At one point we will travel from Sevilla to Barcelona via train but would like to get off the train for a day in Cordoba before continuing to Barcelona. At this point we have several questions:

1. Are there luggage storage lockers at the Cordoba train station we can place our luggage in for the day? I dont want to drag my luggage all over Cordoba? (Also are luggage storage facilities common at all train stations?)

2. We will get the RENFE pass. If I get the 4 day pass. If I travel to Sevilla to Barcelona with a day stop in Cordoba will al that count as a single trip or multiple trips? What I'm asking is if the multi-day passes are good for multiple trips in the day?

Thanks

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage storage lockers at train station

"1. Are there luggage storage lockers at the Cordoba train station we can place our luggage in for the day?" Yes.

"Also are luggage storage facilities common at all train stations?" No.

"If I get the 4 day pass. If I travel to Sevilla to Barcelona with a day stop in Cordoba will al that count as a single trip or multiple trips?" I am pretty certain that will count as multiple.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,247 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage storage lockers at train station

It is a 4 journey pass and for each leg Sev-Cordoba then Cordoba-Barcelona you will need tickets with seat assignations. So it would amount to 2 journeys. On the Seville to Cordoba route there is a choice of trains and not only the flagship AVE one. For example the AVANT train takes about the same time and uses the fast track. It may well be sensible to buy tickets separately for this leg if you have planned 4 long distance journeys including Cord-Barcelona. The AVANT train is about E.20 for that trip.

It would be of great benefit to other Forum users if you could feedback information about your RENFE Pass and whether you regard it as a good investment. Sometimes on the long distance routes at certain times / dates you can buy tickets in advance for substantial savings. With the RENFE Pass you still need to buy your tickets but can do so nearer or even on the day of travel so I am thinking it could give some savings if you do not wish to purchase advance tickets.

It would also be a great idea to update the already copious notes about buying Spanish rail tickets on TA !

See right hand column on this page about buying RENFE tickets online as well as Luggage storage at Cordoba.

3. Re: Luggage storage lockers at train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 29, 2013