We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving - Seville to Granada and Cordoba

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Driving - Seville to Granada and Cordoba

Last year we visited Andalucia. We spent four nights based in Seville and three in Benalmadena. As we had hired a car we got to see most of the area.

In March/April we are returning . We will spend one night in Seville then move on to Granada and Cordoba.One week in all. We will have to return to Seville at the end as our plane arrives and departs from there. We will once more be hiring a car.

Last year we were advised not to drive in Seville - what's the driving/parking situation like in Granada and Cordoba ?

Which should we visit first - Granada or Cordoba ?

Which towns do you recommend visiting while driving from town to town and as day trips ?

Many thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving - Seville to Granada and Cordoba

Hi, well, last year we did the opposite. We travelled from Granada, to Cordoba to Seville. All by car. Had a wonderful time.

I'd advise you to plan your trip based on travel times, so probably Seville, Crodoba then Granada. I think if you did it any other way, there would be quite a big journey. Driving in Cordoba or Granada isn't really necessary. Once we were there we went everywhere on foot. All the sites of interest are in close proximity to one another so you don't need the car other than to get to the city itself.

Cordoba is smaller than Granada. We only scheduled one night in Cordoba, and one day. This was my regret; I'd have much rather had less time in Seville and more time in Cordoba. It's a truly beuatiful city. The moseque itself is a little underwhelming, but you can just wonder aimlessly around the city and discover treasure after treasure.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,619 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving - Seville to Granada and Cordoba

hat776:

There is no street parking in Granada or Cordoba. So you need to find a hotel with parking.

In Granada I stayed at the Tryp Albayzin, which has parking. IIn Cordoba I stayed at the Cordoba Center Hotel, also with parking.

Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online.

It does not matter what order you visit those two cities.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving - Seville to Granada and Cordoba

Thanks Benny. Last year we chose a hotel on the outskirts of Seville but near a metro station.

4. Re: Driving - Seville to Granada and Cordoba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, February 17, 2013