We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking "Safe" Parking Garage in Cordoba

Pune, India
2 posts
Seeking "Safe" Parking Garage in Cordoba

Hi,

we'll be passing through Cordoba in June and will have to leave our car (with our luggage inside) somewhere near the Mezquita.

I understand that this is probably not the smartest idea, but as of now, I have no better plan.

Anyway, I am looking for a recommendation for a parking garage that, based on your impression/experience, appeared safer than others.

Thanks in advance,

Viren

cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Seeking "Safe" Parking Garage in Cordoba

Hi, VirenK! There are some hotel-parkings close to the Mezquita, but I'm afraid they're exclusive for the hotel customers and very little, too.

The nearest indoor car park is the one located in Avenida del Aeropuerto, a little bit tricky to get by car, but very near the Judería (Jewish Quarter).

A very good website to find further information is callejeando.com/Mapa/…callejero-cordoba.htm to find the parkings location.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,834 posts
292 reviews
2. Re: Seeking "Safe" Parking Garage in Cordoba

I found a map showing the city quite graphically.

infocordoba.com/images/…map_cordoba_spain.jpg

On the map you can see two bright green P signs. One is on the left (find the Mezquita and look to the left) which is situated at the Avenida del Aeropuerto mentioned above.

the other P is to the top of the map near the road marked Avenida de America.

This is one of the best maps I have discovered showing these two car parks.

Some more parking info at www.infocordoba.com

ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Seeking "Safe" Parking Garage in Cordoba

Were you successful in finding secure parking?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,834 posts
292 reviews
4. Re: Seeking "Safe" Parking Garage in Cordoba

If you open Google Maps and cut and paste these coordinates

37°53'5"N 4°47'5"W

it will show the entrance to a large underground car Park that runs underneath Paseo de la Victoria. This is the main road leading north with the older part of Cordoba city on your east side. There is a manned ticket office and you can try to park as close to this as possible.

It is easy to find as it is on this wide main road with park on one side and the walking distance to the Mezquita is about 10 minutes.

I mention this Car park because I used it last time and it was fine. But there are others around so its not the only one !

ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Seeking "Safe" Parking Garage in Cordoba

Thanks to Cadizlover for the parking lot advice. I think we will take a chance and park there. We will be travelling on the first day of the Cordova patio festival, so we might have a problem parking in sight of the control booth....

I gather that Cadizlover loves Cadiz -- we are thinking about taking a day trip to Cadiz by train (we are not planning to pick up a car until we leave Seville enroute to Granada via Cordoba).

Will the train take us into an interesting part of the town, or should we get the car a day early so we can make that excursion? How long does it take to get there from Seville?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,834 posts
292 reviews
6. Re: Seeking "Safe" Parking Garage in Cordoba

For sure take a train down to Cadiz. Look for times on www.renfe.es/horarios/english/index.html

The slower "Andalusia Expres" train is a sort of commuter train and unreserved seating but perfectly comfortable. It also stops at San Bernardo station in Seville on its way out of the city from Santa Justa station. If you stay near Barrio Santa Cruz then San Bernardo station may be easier for you. At Cadiz the train pulls in within about 3 minutes walk of the port and you can reach the old city easily. Spend some time on the Playa !

7. Re: Seeking "Safe" Parking Garage in Cordoba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 pm, October 21, 2009