We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does the bus station have lockers?

BeantownBoss
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Does the bus station have lockers?

Hello -

I'll be coming to Cordoba for a day trip - from Granada then on to Seville. Do you know the the bus station will have lockers that can hold some decent size luggage? If so what the cost is and the chance of them filling up?

Thanks in advance!

Patrick

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,505 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Does the bus station have lockers?

Does that mean that the lockers situated across the street run by a private company CONSIGNAS FERROVIARIAS SL. has now competition with both the lockers at the nearby bus station and inside the rail station ?

cordoba24.info/html/consignas_ferroviarias.h…

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Does the bus station have lockers?

There USED to be a luggage store at the train station.

Not open since 2012 (according to Anastasia 4412's post)

The lockers are located in two places.: bus station and Avenida de America.

UNESCO seriously considering their appointment as World Heritage sites... hahahahahahaha

Edited: 3:28 am, March 15, 2014
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,505 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Does the bus station have lockers?

Yes Anastasia may have thought that if the station lockers on the first floor at Cordoba station were available in May last year then why should they be not available today but things in Spain occur which could give rise to certain confusion and so it is good to know that the station lockers (Consigna) no longer exist and indeed there are two places for bag storage. Either the bus station or the Consignas Ferroviarias place across the road from the station exit.

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Does the bus station have lockers?

Well, she mentions 2012, not 2013

and yes, things in Spain are so. ;)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,505 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Does the bus station have lockers?

Now I am getting confused with all this ! We are already in 2014 and 2012 feels just the other day. Oh my.

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Does the bus station have lockers?

Yeah, time flies... hahahahahahaha

Excellent update on topic:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187430-i733-k3540…

Seattle area
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Does the bus station have lockers?

Here is the main body an email reply I received about dimensions of the lockers at "Corodba 24" which is about 50ms from train station at Av de Amercias 27.

See link at end of post for prices/map.

The email is in Spanish but it is pretty easy to understand. Basically the largest size is 60x62x82..... all in cms.

>>>>>>actual text of email body>>>>>>>>>>>>

Los tamaños que tenemos son :

* Pequeña.............40 H X 48 F X 48 A. Cms.

* Grande............... 42 X 62 X 82. ".

* Extra................... 60 X 62 X 82. ".

La consigna tiene horario de 9:30 H a 20:00 H. En todo momento está vigilada.

Nuestra dirección es Avdª de América 27. A 50 metros de la salida principal de la Estación.

>>>>>>email body ends>>>>>>>>>>

For prices and location:

cordoba24.info/english/html/consignas_ferrov…

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Does the bus station have lockers?

We used the lockers next to the bus station last month (presumably the same as those posted above) the owner clearly loves his job and was really keen to offer tourist information, maps and recommendations of places to eat and visit. He speaks very good English which was helpful as my Spanish is embarrassingly poor... We put two medium rucksacks into a large locker for 5 Euros and it felt like a very safe and secure place to stow our stuff for a few hours though the price would have been good all day. I had a bad experience years ago with siesta / left luggage opening times and an impending train departure... but was reassured that this wouldn't happen here! Look out for the pet parrot :-)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,505 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Does the bus station have lockers?

The lockers mentioned above are at this address

Avenida de América, 27,

14005 Córdoba, Spain

and are on the other side of the road from the train station as you exit. Google street view now shows the small premises :

http://goo.gl/ZBufLC

Other lockers are in the bus station which is on the northern side of the train station which is the other direction to this place.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Does the bus station have lockers?

Thanks so much for this info. My family used Consigna Ferro. yesterday and the friendliness of the owner of this little shop really made our stopover fantastic. He helped us fit all our luggage (1 medium case, 2 cabin wheelies, a duffle bag and assorted jumpers) into a single locker for 6Eu. He also gave us a great map and drew a suggested route for us to follow which took us through a park and to the Mezquita in about 25 minutes - with young children and not walking fast at all. In our 3 1/2 hour stop over we still had time to visit the old town, take in a few good views and lunch at a tapas bar before strolling back to collect our luggage. The instructions for getting to the shop were fantastic, thanks: just exit the train station at the opposite exit to the bus station and you will see the little shop across the road with flags flying. There is no Australian flag yet for any other Aussies who want to use the service but only because the flag maker has sent the owner a flag that was too big to fit.