We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sevilla to Cordoba transfer

Essex
Level Contributor
6 posts
Sevilla to Cordoba transfer

Hola

Looking to stay in Cordoba next Easter weekend. Flying into Sevilla, wondering if anyone has experience of using the AVE train as a transfer?

I wondered how near to Sevilla airport the train station is? And how easy it is to fathom your way round it - I've always got this worry of getting on the wrong train!

My Spanish is pretty good so no worries asking directions, just wondered how easy it is with a couple of cases and bags to to do the transfer?

Anyone spent Semana Santa in Cordoba and has any tips?

Thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,830 posts
292 reviews
1. Re: Sevilla to Cordoba transfer

From airport to train station at Santa Justa, it is about 14 minutes by taxi which costs around Euros 20 more or less depending on time. If you can travel light it's possible to get on the airport bus as the first stop is on the street outside Santa Justa, so requires a short walk up the road to the station itself. But of course the world and his wife will be travelling to Seville at this time of year so it will be busy. And always a good plan to book the AVE tickets in advance. Although the trains run once an hour, they can get busy as families travel over Easter as you realise. Inside the station, there is a dedicated AVE area. It's quite well laid out. Don't think you will have any problems. Just look for the sleek fast looking train ! Can't miss it. if you decide to stop over in Seville for a few hours before proceeding to Cordoba, you can leave luggage in the Left Luggage which is below ground to the right side of the station as you look at it from outside.

Essex
Level Contributor
6 posts
2. Re: Sevilla to Cordoba transfer

Thank you for this excellent info. I'm a bit worried about travelling at such a busy time, but I've always wanted to see the Easter processions. It really is a journey and a half! But not paying £150 for a taxi from Seville!

london
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
3. Re: Sevilla to Cordoba transfer

We recently travelled from Seville to Cordoba on the train.

You can get a local train which costs 7 EUR and takes about 1.5 hours, but we were recommended to take the High Speed train which takes 45 mins (13 EUR) - this is the same time as the AVE but 8 EUR less.

You can view the timetable (in English) at http://www.renfe.es/

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,830 posts
292 reviews
4. Re: Sevilla to Cordoba transfer

Yes you can get the Alta Velocidad MEDIA DISTANCIA which is same as AVE except does not run on to Madrid after Cordoba. They are not as frequent as the Madrid AVE train. But if you are able to consult the timetable and travel at a convenient time, then why not. It will save a fiver. The joy about the AVE regular train that leaves Seville then stops at Cordoba and then finishes at Madrid is that you know that the train leaves Seville at the top of the hour throughout the day ! (plus some extra times at busy times)